German Potato Salad Recipe is the perfect pairing for every BBQ favorite. Spicy, tangy & delicious. It’s the recipe to bring to all your parties & potlucks.
I’m sharing French’s® in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™” #FrenchsCrowd #FrenchsMustard
Who loves potato salad? I know people are pretty passionate about their favorite recipes & everyone claims to have “the best potato salad”. But have you ever tried German Potato Salad before? It’s a little different than a traditional potato salad, as it can be & is often served warm. However, it’s just as tasty when cold, which is why I love it so much.
German Potato Salad Recipe
Most recipes call for traditional mustard or even dijon can be used. But my family loves something with a little bite, so we use this Spicy Brown Mustard from French’s. It certainly brings an added spark to the dish, which is so tasty.
This really is so great for all the fun summer outdoor foods. We whipped this up to pair with some sea salt garlic corn & some blue cheese burgers. But we’ll be making it along side some gourmet hot dogs & Mexican corn salsa for Father’s Day this weekend.
German Potato Salad
Although French’s is known for its iconic Classic Yellow Mustard, did you know that it also has a deliciously bold tasting Spicy Brown mustard AND a smooth & creamy Dijon?
I sure love a variety like that because it makes creating new & interesting recipes so much easier. Plus, there’s something for everyone.
Get bold with the big taste of French’s Spicy Brown. It’s the kick that goes way beyond French’s Classic Yellow mustard, making everything from brats & hoagies to burgers and foot longs come alive with flavor. So, squeeze it on thick and make the ordinary incredible.
What will be your favorite recipe to pair it with?
More Great Side Salad Recipes
Looking for more awesome recipes?
German Potato Salad Recipe
- 4-5 small red potatoes - cubed
- 4-5 medium russet potatoes - cubed
- 4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 package bacon- cooked & chopped
- 2 tbsp minced onions
- 2 tbsp reserved bacon grease
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Ground black pepper chives & parsley to taste
- Add 1 tbsp kosher salt to a large stock pot of boiling water
- Add in prepared, cubed potatoes - reduce heat & cook until fork tender
- Remove from heat, drain & set aside
- In a large skillet, combine onion & 2 tbsp of reserved bacon grease & cook together 4-5 minutes
- Stir in chicken stock, vinegar, mustard & sugar & cook over medium for approx 10 minutes or until reduced to about 2 cups
- Pour over cooked potatoes in a large bowl, add in bacon & remaining salt & fold to combine
- Garnish with pepper, parsley & chives
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.