Game Day Snickers Cupcakes a simple soda cupcake recipe loaded with Snickers candy bars, topped with easy buttercream frosting & Snickers minis.
Game Day Snickers Cupcakes
It’s almost game day! I’m so stinkin’ excited. I love football & I look forward to this time of the season all year. It’s so much fun putting out our spread, having great family time & really enjoying the best football of the year. This year it’s being hosted in our home field, which is always exciting. It really ups the fever – that’s for sure. So in preparation I thought some awesome game time cupcakes would be so much fun to help sweeten the party. They are super simple & loaded with one my favorite candy bars- Snickers. Do you love them? Peanuts, nougat & caramel coated in chocolate. Really, what’s not to love?
I decided that I would make these using a simple, 2 ingredient soda cake recipe. Have you ever made cake using soda? It seems strange but people have been doing it for what seems like forever. There are recipes that use it in traditional homemade cake – which I will share with you another day. I have a few that are so delicious. But this time I already had too many recipes going at once & needed to get these done quick. So 1 box of cake mix & 1 can of Pepsi. That’s it for the cupcakes themselves – except I also mixed in a whole bunch of chopped up Snickers bars. YUM-O! I like these too because there’s no eggs in the batter- which means it’s safe to eat the batter. Yep, I’m a batter eater, eggs or not. But this way there’s really no worry about the raw eggs. Which makes this girl happy.
Game Day Snickers Cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 can soda please don't use diet - you need full sugar
- 15 Snickers minis- chopped
- 20 additional Snickers minis for topping
- 8 tbsp 1 stick butter - room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & line your cupcake tins with liners - I chose football liners
- In mixer bowl, combine cake mix & soda & beat well until thick & smooth
- Fold in chopped Snickers
- Spoon batter into prepared cupcake papers filling 3/4 of the way full
- Bake to box directions or until centers spring back when pressed slightly (about 30 min)
- Remove & transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before adding frosting
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment cream butter until light & fluffy
- Add in confectioners sugar & beat slowly
- Once mixture looks moist but crumbly add in milk & beat until fluffy again - if you want it a little softer add additional creamer 1-2 tsp at a time
- Add to a frosting bag fitted with a large tip & pipe on your cooled cupcakes
- Top with additional Snickers minis
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
So simple – a definite must make for game day!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more great game day dessert ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE