Need a perfect fall recipe? Crock Pot Baked Apples are simple, delicious & packed full of all that great fall flavor you love. Apples, cinnamon & caramel.
Are you excited for fall? Here in North Idaho we had a week of 90’s like summer’s last whopper. Then a cold front came on in & we have been in the 60’s & 70’s. Fall blasted on in here & it’s been so lovely. However I hope these 70’s stick around for a while. I love the time when the weather is just perfect in the day where I can leave the windows open & let the breeze come on through without being too hot or cold. But these chilly nights have me in full fall mode when it comes to food. The crock pot is making an appearance more times through the week & the smells drifting through here are wonderful.
Things like these baked apples in the crock pot just make me happy. All that cinnamon & caramel mixed with apples – wow! It’s no wonder this is my favorite season. I can’t wait to show you all the glorious sights around here this time of year. That will come soon. But for now- I’m sharing my favorite flavors.
It’s really all the sweet goodness of a rich caramel apple crisp – in a neat little apple bowl.
The perfect fall treat for sure.
Crock Pot Baked Apples
- 5-6 apples fuji preferable
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter - chilled & cubed
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients except apples
- Using a pastry cutter (or with your hands) work the butter into the dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly - set aside
- Wash apples & cut off the tops
- Spoon out some of the core & inner flesh to make a "bowl"
- Fill each hallow apple with your crumble mixture & place inside your crock pot
- Cover & cook 2-2.5 hours - just enough that the apples soften but are not falling apart
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream on top (I like to add some caramel too)
Want more great apple recipes?
Here are a couple more I love….
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE