I partnered with Pomi to bring you this easy family dinner idea. All opinions are my own.
Creamy Tomato Parmesan Chicken, a simple chicken dinner recipe that’s hearty enough for your hungry crowd & the perfect comfort food for chilly winter days.
Boy has winter really come in with full force. When the weather really starts dipping down I love to make simple but hearty comfort foods for dinner. I find myself craving pasta & creamy sauces. I am especially partial to tomato based sauces that evoke all sorts of fond memories of cozy dinners with family growing up. So I suppose that’s why we make lots of recipes like that through the winter months. One of my favorites is this Creamy Tomato Parmesan Chicken that’s so incredibly easy to make in just about 30 minutes & yet oh so delicious. My daughter actually said she wants us to make it several times a week. I could probably go for that.
Creamy Tomato Parmesan Chicken
I really like that this is a two pan dish if you serve it with pasta. You make the chicken & sauce in one large skillet & then of course, your pot for the noodles. Sometimes we forego the noodles & enjoy it over a bed a leftover white rice, which is a great way to make dinners stretch.
As you know, feeding the very best to my family is incredibly important to me. Which is why I find top quality ingredients & whenever possible we buy organic. So my “go-to” for strained & crushed tomatoes is Pomi Organic. I love that they come straight from Italy, which is fabulous & the kids always say it makes them feel fancy. I love that they pay attention to where their food comes from.
This Pomi is organic but keeps its smoothness and extraordinary flavor. It adds the fresh, natural taste of Italian tomatoes to the best recipes. Easy to use because it is so naturally good!
Creamy Tomato Parmesan Chicken
- 4 tbsp olive oil - divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp minced onions
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (26oz box) Pomi Organic Strained Tomatoes
- 1 (26oz box) Pomi Organic Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded parmesan - divided
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves - torn into smaller pieces
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, add 2 tbsp olive oil along with the chicken breasts & sprinkle with salt & pepper
- Cook chicken over med-high heat for approx 4-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through & juices run clear
- Remove chicken & set aside
- In the same skillet, add remaining olive oil, onions, garlic, strained & chopped tomatoes, heavy cream & additional salt & pepper.
- Heat over medium until it comes to a simmer
- Stir in 1 cup of the parmesan cheese
- Add chicken back to the skillet along with spinach
- Cover & let simmer over med-low while you prepare your pasta or another side pairing (approx 10 min)
- When ready to serve, place over your pasta or rice & sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese
This really is the most delicious dinner.
The fact that it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare & is organic is a WIN-WIN for me.
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE