1. Start with a pool noodle & tape the ends together to form your circle.
2. Separate & soak the husks to make them soft.
3. Put several strips of hot glue along the wide end & wrap around the noodle half way. Do this all the way around. It will be the back of your wreath.
4. Turn over, putting already adhered husks on the bottom & start adding more husks on this side in the same way.
5. Continue adding husks, overlapping them so it looks nice & full & you can’t see the noodle anymore.
6. Cover several husks with hot glue on one side & adhere to the inside ring of the wreath to cover the seams of the husks where they came together.
7. Add your ribbon to hang. I added a dab of glue to keep mine from shifting because it’s usually windy here. But it’s not necessary.
**Optional: I knew I wanted different colors in my husks. Unfortunately my original idea of soaking them in water & food coloring didn’t do what I really wanted. I restored to paint for this one but in the future I recommend RIT fabric dye.
Nicky @ Awesomeville says
How simple…and how gorgeous! Love it, Gina.
Pieni lintu says
Tamar Strauss-Benjamin says
A pool noodle – who knew! Love the splashes of color on the husks, makes it look like a sun’s ray!
That’s gorgeous and creative! I love that so much!
It’s so gorgeous – I haven’t seen one of these – I love it!
Ruth West says
Such a good idea, and it looks really well made..I bet if I made one, bits’d drop off!
Linda R says
I just love the way this turned out. It looks fabulous..
Very pretty, thanks for the idea!!
I know what you mean about getting off the computer and doing other things…not always easy to do, but SO worth it 🙂
quite the crafty lady!
No Greater Love says
Wow, you are so creative. I love this! And the pictures you took of the wreath are stunning, also. 🙂
I have GOT to figure out why I can’t see your pictures, because I know this is gorgeous!
Yay! And it is beautiful, just as I suspected. 🙂 Time to make a trip to the pumpkin patch for some cornhusks.
Laurie @ Pride in Photos says
I absolutely LOVED that you put a different spin on the color of it too…not just orange♥
This has to be the most gorgeous wreath ever! It’s so unique and colorful. It would look awesome on my door 🙂 I would be thrilled if you shared this pretty wreath at my Throwback Thursday party 🙂 I hope to see you there and thanks for sharing! http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-15/