Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread is the perfect fall breakfast. Loaded with cinnamon & sugar & coated with creamy sugar glaze, it’s a cinnamon lovers dream.
Do you all love cinnamon? How about cinnamon & sugar? Oh my word – I remember having that mix on toast as a kid. It was like the best thing I had ever tasted. I loved it & would have it every morning. Now that I’m making goodies all the time I’m always looking for ways to incorporate that into my recipes. My family takes after me & swoons over cinnamon. So I really can’t go wrong when it comes to cinnamon focused recipes. They go nuts.
Pull-apart bread is sort of like monkey bread, except flat. But also sort of like a cinnamon roll in a loaf form. It’s really easy to make & incredibly delicious. It quickly became a family favorite here, that’s for sure.
I used to make this recipe with a classic dough. But mixing, waiting, kneading, rising & even more waiting was becoming unbearable. I wanted to make this recipe in about an hour, not wait for several hours between each step for the dough to rise. So after several tests with some rapid rise methods & recipes in my stack, I finally settled on this one that turned out perfectly. I can create this in just over an hour & that’s with just 25 minutes of rest & rise time & about 25 minutes of baking. So not too bad & definitely worth it. It’s absolutely DELICIOUS!
My cinnamon loving family is in love & requests this every weekend. I’m so happy they like it so much. Makes all my efforts worth it. You can definitely taste the love in this bread. You really have to give it a try! It’s phenomenal!
Looking for more favorite cinnamon recipes?
Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
- 4-41/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp rapid rise yeast
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- ¾ cup cool water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter - diced
- ¼ cup butter - melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In your mixer bowl, whisk sugar, yeast, salt & 4 cups of flour
- In a separate medium bowl, combine water, milk & butter
- Heat in microwave about 1 minute or until it reaches approx 115 degrees (any hotter & you will kill your yeast)
- Pour into dry mixture & use dough hook to knead 3-4 minutes or until smooth & elastic (add more flour if necessary)
- Cover tightly with plastic & let rest about 5 minutes
- Spray loaf pan with cooking spray- set aside
- Drop rested dough on lightly floured surface & press & shape into a large rectangle
- Melt butter for filling & brush on your dough
- In a small bowl combine cinnamon & sugar & sprinkle evenly over buttered dough
- Cut dough lengthwise into 4 large strips & stack each strip on top of each other
- Cut into squares & loosely place on end in loaf pan
- Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon & sugar you may have over the top
- Place in your 180 degree oven- turn oven off & allow to rise for 20 minutes (don't open door)
- Remove after 20 minutes & preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Bake 25 -30 minutes or until deep golden brown
- Remove & allow to cool in pan while you make your glaze
- For glaze
- Combine milk & confectioners sugar in small bowl & whisk to combine
- Drizzle over baked bread & enjoy!