Carne Asada Sliders are a great easy family dinner idea that’s perfect for warm weather holidays. The perfect grilled beef sandwich recipe for summer. Loaded with all the good stuff- everyone will RAVE!
Carne Asada Sliders
We make a whole lot of yummy recipes in this house. We all have the things we crave more than anything else. For me it’s pulled pork carnitas, my son it’s cinnamon, the girls it’s always sweets & when it comes to the hubs, it’s 100% always carne asada. I swear he must be anemic because he craves that beef more than anything. He would have it every single day if he could. So when he was able to come home a couple weekends ago it was so nice out in the backyard. We really wanted to do some grilling & of course, he picked up his favorite carne asada to do it right. We had tacos that night, but when he left to go back to the apartment he didn’t take the leftovers with him. So I decided it would make fabulous sliders on the adorable mini pretzel buns I had picked up.
Just some melted mozzarella, carne asada & some french fried onions on a soft pretzel bun is all it takes to make these awesome little sliders. I’m telling you- everyone was coming back for more & more. I can’t wait to share these at our next bbq & step outside the usual things we serve for a party.
Carne Asada Sliders
- 2 lbs carne asada
- 1- 12 oz craft beer
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp seasons salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkt Tapatio powder
- 6-8 small pretzel buns
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese- shredded
- 1/2 cup french dried onions
- Combine carne asada, beer, teriyaki, minced garlic, onion flakes, garlic powder, season salt, salt & pepper in large bowl
- Cover & marinate for 3 hours or more in the refrigerator
- Cook on BBQ - searing 5-7 min on each side depending on the thickness and preferred doneness level
- Reduce heat for longer cooking on low to medium
- Remove & slice into strips
- Prepare buns by laying flat on baking sheet
- Sprinkle cheese on each side of the bun
- Add strips of cooked carne asada on bottom of bun
- Top with more cheese & french dried onions
- Broil 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted
These are definitley the perfect alternative to the standard burger & so much easier too!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more of our favorite easy family dinner ideas like these Carne Asada Sliders?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE