Hi Everyone! Happy Your Best Weekly Party day!!
So happy to have you join me.
Tip Hero’s Father’s Day Giveaway Event
Sign-ups are now open for this great new giveaway event!
- Event is free to join with an announcement post. If you don’t wish to post the announcement, please send the $5 non-post fee to [email protected]
- You’ll receive 1 free link for participating (either Twitter or Pinterest)
- Additional links (RSS/Email, YouTube, Twitter and Pinterest) are available for $5 each
- Sign-ups for this event close on May 22th
- Event runs from May 24th – June 7th
- Prize: $100 Home Depot gift card
I am totally a chocolate person. But my hubs- he’s all about the caramel. He is always asking me when I will make more recipes with caramel for him instead of things that I’m most fond of. So I started taking a look at my recipes here & noticed that he’s right. I have only posted a few caramel recipes. So I decided to oblige & make something yummy.
I made these Caramel Pear Bars originally with the idea that it was just going to be the caramel with the mix ins in there as a good recipe for a heartier homemade caramel. Then I quickly changed my mind & decided that it really would be so much better if I added a shortbread crust to make it easier to package up for gifts.
Caramel Pear Bars
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar- packed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pear - peeled cored & diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 9x13 pan with cooking spray- set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer- cream butter, sugar & vanilla.
- Add egg & beat until fluffy.
- Stir in salt.
- Beat in flour 1 cup at a time.
- Press dough evenly into pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until just set & beginning to turn golden in color.
- Remove & let cool.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in saucepan.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup & salt.
- Bring to a very low boil, stirring constantly.
- Let cook over very low heat, stir in oats, vanilla & pears.
- Remove from heat.
- Let sit to cool until thickened- about 10 minutes.
- Pour over shortbread in pan.
- Transfer to refrigerator & allow to completely cool before cutting- at least 2-3 hours.
- ( I was way too impatient with these & tried to remove before cool. It was a sloppy mess)
These would be great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
I loved that I had the perfect chance to pair these up with these ADORABLE bag toppers & gift tags from the Sunshine collection at Life n’ Reflection. They are so cute. I just love blue & yellow together so these just made me smile. Kristy has the most adorable things in her store. If you are planning a party or like to scrapbook or love to play in photoshop- you have got to head on over & see all the things she has to offer. You can pick up this Sunshine set for just $5. Really- can’t beat that.
**I was given this Sunshine set in exchange for this post as part of being a member of the affiliate design team.
Now it’s time for you to share!
Everyone is Welcome as long as you link back to Kleinworth & Co. or Button Up. (Buttons HERE)