Hi Everyone! Happy Your Best Weekly Party day!!
So happy to have you join me.
Tip Hero’s Father’s Day Giveaway Event
Sign-ups are now open for this great new giveaway event!
- Event is free to join with an announcement post. If you don’t wish to post the announcement, please send the $5 non-post fee to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’ll receive 1 free link for participating (either Twitter or Pinterest)
- Additional links (RSS/Email, YouTube, Twitter and Pinterest) are available for $5 each
- Sign-ups for this event close on May 22th
- Event runs from May 24th – June 7th
- Prize: $100 Home Depot gift card
Please send all payments to email@example.com as a “gift” via PayPal.
Sign up for this event here.
I am totally a chocolate person. But my hubs- he’s all about the caramel. He is always asking me when I will make more recipes with caramel for him instead of things that I’m most fond of. So I started taking a look at my recipes here & noticed that he’s right. I have only posted a few caramel recipes. So I decided to oblige & make something yummy.
I made these Caramel Pear Bars originally with the idea that it was just going to be the caramel with the mix ins in there as a good recipe for a heartier homemade caramel. Then I quickly changed my mind & decided that it really would be so much better if I added a shortbread crust to make it easier to package up for gifts.
Caramel Pear Bars
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar- packed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pear - peeled cored & diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 9x13 pan with cooking spray- set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer- cream butter, sugar & vanilla.
- Add egg & beat until fluffy.
- Stir in salt.
- Beat in flour 1 cup at a time.
- Press dough evenly into pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until just set & beginning to turn golden in color.
- Remove & let cool.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in saucepan.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup & salt.
- Bring to a very low boil, stirring constantly.
- Let cook over very low heat, stir in oats, vanilla & pears.
- Remove from heat.
- Let sit to cool until thickened- about 10 minutes.
- Pour over shortbread in pan.
- Transfer to refrigerator & allow to completely cool before cutting- at least 2-3 hours.
- ( I was way too impatient with these & tried to remove before cool. It was a sloppy mess)
These would be great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
I loved that I had the perfect chance to pair these up with these ADORABLE bag toppers & gift tags from the Sunshine collection at Life n’ Reflection. They are so cute. I just love blue & yellow together so these just made me smile. Kristy has the most adorable things in her store. If you are planning a party or like to scrapbook or love to play in photoshop- you have got to head on over & see all the things she has to offer. You can pick up this Sunshine set for just $5. Really- can’t beat that.
**I was given this Sunshine set in exchange for this post as part of being a member of the affiliate design team.
Now it’s time for you to share!
Everyone is Welcome as long as you link back to Kleinworth & Co. or Button Up. (Buttons HERE)
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52 & Wednesdays for Your Best Weekly
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE