Don’t miss my Fall Table Setting I’m sharing over at Design, Dining & Diapers today.
I don’t know about you- but one thing I really look forward to this time of year is candy corn. I LOVE IT! It usually doesn’t last long enough in this house to make it into recipes. But I was really good & used all self control this time because when I bought it- I had this recipe in mind. I knew that the mix of the brownies, the dough & the colors of the candy corn would make the perfect Fall/ Halloween treat.
I thought I might hold off on the Halloween type posts until at least October 1st. But I just couldn’t help myself with this one.
The thought of it kept swirling around in my head & the craving just got stronger & stronger.
The heat made a week long return after we had such fall like temps.
But I ran the oven anyway because I just couldn’t wait any longer to make these.
Oh my- so decadent. One with a tall glass of milk will take care of any brownie, cookie dough or candy corn craving you might be having.
Candy Corn Cookie Dough Brownies
- Your favorite brownies - baked & cooled boxed or homemade
- 3/4 cup butter 1-1/2 sticks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup candy corn
- Bake your brownies & allow to cool to room temperature.
- For the dough- beat butter & your sugars in mixer bowl until well combined.
- Add in your flour, milk & vanilla. Beat until combined- don't over beat.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips
- Spread out in even layer over the top of your brownies.
- Scatter your candy corn over the top & press in
- Cover & refrigerate several hours before cutting.
- Cut while cold & remove from pan. (I recommend close to bite size- not large pieces)
- Allow to come close to room temperature before serving.
- Store in air tight container for several days.
Take these to your next pot luck or gathering. They will be the first dish that runs out- I promise.
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE