Looking for Easy Family Dinner Ideas? Do you ever want to eat something that you have never had before? This happens to me all the time. I will try to explain to the hubs that I want something but it’s something that we have never made & I have never seen anywhere before. This is usually how my recipe creations go. Some turn out not so great – some (like this one) AMAZING! We spent most of Father’s Day weekend shopping for things for the house. But before we headed out to do that we had a brainstorming session over coffee to figure out exactly how to make what it was I was wanting. Meat – but something a little more interesting than beef. But I wanted it melty & cheesy & a little crunch & a buttery toasted roll. Sounds good huh?! All that ended up turning into this FABULOUS Buffalo Loose Meat Melt.
To add to the wonderful flavor of the ground buffalo we added CHEESE! Lot’s of cheese to this sandwich. Not only is there a little slice of provolone melted over the top – but there is a whole bag of Velveeta Shreds, 7-8 slices of Kraft Provolone & about 5-6 slices of Velveeta Slices melted into the meat.
All that cheese not only adds lots of flavor but also helps hold the meat together a bit more on the roll.
If you are looking for something to wow everyone at your next summer party – this is for you! Definitely more exciting than your average burger & SO INCREDIBLY GOOD!
Buffalo Loose Meat Melt
- 2 lbs ground bison
- 2 lbs thin cut flank steak
- 4 sweet peppers
- 1/2 purple onion
- 1 pkg Kraft provolone cheese
- 1 bag Velveeta shreds in Mozzarella
- 5-6 Velveeta slices
- Beer battered onion rings for garnish
- Additional purple onion slices for garnish
- spices seasonings to your taste
- Brush buns with melted butter - broil several minutes until toasty & golden. Remove set aside.
- Chop onion & peppers
- Combine onion, peppers, flank steak & bison in large skillet & cook on med-high until fully browned
- Once meat is thoroughly cooked - add entire bag of Velveeta shreds, 7-8 slices of provolone cheese & Velveeta slices.
- Stir until all cheese has melted throughout meat.
- Spoon onto prepared buns
- Top with another slice of provolone cheese & allow to melt
- Top with onion & onion ring
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want some sides to go with this Buffalo Loose Meat Melt?
**I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE