Kick up your classic meatball sandwich & add some crispy bacon like this Bacon Meatball Sandwich that is positively the best bacon for dinner recipe ever.
Do you love comfort food? I’m talking some down home – smothered in yummy goodness comfort food. Yep – me too. Which is why when we were working on more recipes for bacon month I just had to make some of our favorite meatball sandwiches with a whole lot of bacon added in there. Holy smokes – what a great combo that you wouldn’t normally think of – but man it was so delicious. Fortunately we made a double bacth of these colossal meatballs so just one or two filled us up & we had plenty left over for the next night too. Gotta love leftovers – especially when they are as good as this. YUM!
Just look at all that delicious marinara all over that giant meatball & bacon. WOW it was good. Be sure to toast your bread – just slightly. It’s easy to do by just rubbing the inside part in a hot skillet. It keeps the marinara from soaking in so quickly & makes it easier to eat. Now the amount of marinara & cheese you add to your final sandwich is entirely up to you. But when it comes to this deliciousness – I couldn’t help but load it up.
Bacon Meatball Sandwich
- 1-1/2 lbs grass fed beef - 90% lean or more
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese + more for topping
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp minced onions
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup olive oil -to saute
- 1 jar Marinara sauce of choice
- 1 batch - perfect oven cooked bacon
- Toasted buns
- Prepare your oven cooked bacon while you work on preparing your meatballs
- Combine meat, bread crumbs, parsley, egg, milk, tomato paste, Parmesan cheese, granulated garlic, minced onions, salt & pepper in large bowl.
- Work with your hands mixing ingredients until combined
- Roll meatballs by hand & place on a plate
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat
- Once oil is hot, gently place meatballs in skillet & cook about 2 minutes before rolling to continue cooking another side.
- Cook until most of the meatball surface has been cooked -if you are working in batches transfer cooked meatballs to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Once all the meatballs are browned - place back in skillet & add your marinara sauce
- Cover & simmer on low for about 1 hour - stiring occasionally
- Serve with bacon & additional Parmesan cheese on your rolls
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Don’t miss these from my fellow bacon loving bloggers joining in on bacon month!!
Don’t forget to enter to win our AWESOME bacon giveaway!!!
Looking for even more great bacon recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE