I’m sharing SPLENDA® Sweetener Products in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™” #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
Blueberry Coffee Cake is a delicious breakfast recipe. Loaded with fresh blueberries & a buttery streusel topping. Made with SPLENDA & less added sugar.
Do you crave something fruity when the weather warms up? I sure do. It seems like as soon as the sun starts shining a little more often & the birds are chirping & the snow has melted, I find myself craving fruit more & more. I really love to bake with fruit, especially blueberries. If you know me, or you have been around here for a while, then you know I bake a lot of recipes with blueberries. It’s the family’s favorite so I always have them on hand when they are available in the store. I keep a few bags of frozen blueberries on hand for those wintertime cravings too. But as soon as fresh berries start showing up in the store I buy them every chance I get. They are great for adding on top of yogurt, in a morning smoothie or in baked treats like this super yummy Blueberry Coffee Cake.
Blueberry Coffee Cake
Just look at that delicious streusel topping. That’s my favorite part, I have to confess. I always love how yummy that streusel is.
I make homemade, baked breakfasts for the family 99% of the time. Because of this, I like to use SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener as often as possible when I’m baking. It gives me peace of mind knowing that the foods I make have less added sugar. That’s a huge WIN in my book!
Bring on the fruit! This delicious fruity treat is the best way to start the day. With spring knocking on the door and it’s definitely time for some blueberries! The combination of having blueberries & less added sugar sure helps me enjoy every bite just a little more.
Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener (18 pkts)
- 6 tbsp butter- room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs - room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup flour for dusting blueberries
- ⅓ cup oats
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
- 2 tbsp butter - room temperature
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (opt)
- Combine all ingredients except walnuts in a small bowl & mix with a fork until you have coarse crumbs - set aside
- In a small bowl, toss blueberries & flour until berries are coated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper & then lightly spray paper with cooking spray
- In mixer bowl, combine butter & SPLENDA Naturals until light & fluffy
- Beat in vanilla & eggs until fully incorporated
- Slowly add in flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder & salt along with buttermilk & beat well
- Add half the batter to the bottom of the prepared pan
- Sprinkle some of the topping mixture over the batter
- Sprinkle some of the blueberries on top
- Fold the remaining blueberries into the remaining batter in the bowl & then add batter to the pan
- Sprinkle with topping in an even layer
- Add walnuts if desired
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean
I can tell you, this is every bit as good as it looks. Perfect with morning coffee or for breakfast!
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more blueberry recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE