Easy to make sugar cookie cups topped with cannoli filling & drizzled with caramel & sprinkled with salt make these Salted Caramel Sugar Cookie Cups. YUMMY!
Salted Caramel Sugar Cookie Cups
Oh my, salted caramel has become my new obsession. I can’t seem to get enough of it. It’s so rich & decadent. That salt cuts the sweet of the caramel ever so perfectly. Oh goodness, are you with me on this? I’m so obsessed that I created my own salted caramel scented body oil to use after my shower. That way I can smell that wonderful scent all day long. Yes, I have a bit of a problem that’s for sure. But I can’t help it- who ever decided to add a little salt to caramel is an absolute genius. So of course I make countless recipes with this flavor combo, like these Salted Caramel Sugar Cookie Cups!
I just took my classic sugar cookie dough & packed it into muffin tins. Then I baked them & they formed these little cups. Then I decided to fill them with cannoli filling & drizzle them with caramel sauce & sprinkle with salt. It’s really that simple. You could even pick up these ingredients like ready to make cookie dough & cannoli filling at the store if you are short on time. But these really don’t take too much time to make from scratch.
Everyone will rave! They are so tasty. I had a hard time sharing. I enjoyed each & every bite.
- Sugar Cookie Cups
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned in & leveled- not scooped)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp whipped topping
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- *Caramel to drizzle (I like to use a squeeze bottle)
- *Large sea salt for sprinkling
- In a small bowl whisk together flour & baking powder - set aside
- In mixer bowl beat butter until soft
- Add sugar & mix well
- Add egg- mix again
- Add vanilla
- Add flour & mix until dough begins to clump together
- Roll dough into a ball & wrap with plastic wrap- refrigerate 1 hour
- Once dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pull off pieces of dough & roll into balls- then press into the wells of your muffin tin pan making the cup shape
- Bake 12-15 minutes & allow to cool in pan before removing
- To remove you can slide a butter knife along the side- they should pop right out
- Whisk ricotta in large bowl until smooth
- Add in confectioners sugar & vanilla & whisk until combined
- Fold in whipped topping
- Do not assemble until ready to serve as the filling will start to soften the cookie cup.
- Once ready to serve spoon about a tablespoon of your filling into the cookie cup
- Drizzle with caramel & sprinkle with salt
Don’t those look incredibly delicious? Oh my word- they certainly are!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more great caramel recipes like these Salted Caramel Sugar Cookie Cups?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE