Easy homemade White Corn Tortillas are so easy to make & taste better than anything you’ll find in the store. They are the perfect addition to your dinner.
I love making things from scratch whenever I can. Most of the time it not only tastes better but it’s much easier than it seems. In a very short amount of time I’m able to make enough of these homemade white corn tortillas for our evening dinner. I know what you’re thinking – why not just buy the package at the store? Well – because these are SO much better.
You know how the store bought tortillas will break when you fold them & all the contents of your taco is either in your hand or on your plate? Not these -they are soft & pliable & are able to hold up to stuffing them full of taco goodness. I love the taste too – not quite like a flour or a traditional corn tortilla. It’s a flavor all it’s own& better than anything I have ever paired with my tacos.
The hubs is a huge lover of tacos & burritos & absolutely swoons over these tortillas. I really didn’t expect him to rave like he does – but he loves them so much. Now they are just part of our prep for taco night. It takes less time than frying traditional corn tortillas & do much better for us too. You have to give them a try.
White Corn Tortillas
White Corn Tortillas
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl & whisk well - add more water as needed 1/8 cup at a time
- (batter should be thin- more like cake batter than muffin batter.)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over med-low heat
- Ladle in one scoop of batter like you would pancakes
- Take the backside of a spoon & smooth out the batter to the outer sides to get the tortilla as thin as you can & also even out the shape (this should make it more uniform in size & shape & help increase the size)
- Allow to cook until browned - flip & brown the other side - be patient & watch closely
- The first couple might take a little practice but once you have it down it's really quite simple
- This should make about 20-24 tortillas depending on their final size
So what would you make with Cornmeal??
Here’s what I like to make along with these tortillas?
Or how about more Easy Family Dinner Ideas?
Then later I’ll make these with the leftovers….
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE