This Watermelon Salsa recipe is a refreshing twist on the traditional homemade salsa. Watermelon & lime blending with peppers makes for a great appetizer. Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
I love a good salsa. I find as I get older I crave certain things more than ever. One is salsa & chips. I’m usually a girl that can’t get enough sweets. But over the last couple months it’s been Mexican food- specifically carnitas & salsa. Obsessed is a good word to describe it. I could (& would if the family was on board) eat it every single day! But for our Cinco de Mayo munching tonight I decided to mix things up a bit & make this Watermelon Salsa recipe. It blends the sweet of the watermelon & the spice of the peppers for the perfect pre-dinner snack. I couldn’t get enough – good thing I made a whole bunch for tonight!
- 1-1/2 cups watermelon diced into small cubes
- 2 sweet peppers halved & sliced
- 3-4 mint leaves- chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl & toss to combine
- Cover & chill for at least 60-90 minutes for flavors to blend before serving
Want to see more of what’s on our Cinco de Mayo menu tonight?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE