These Sugar Cookie Strawberry Pies are the perfect alternative to a traditional homemade strawberry pie. Sugar cookie cup, strawberries & drizzled with glaze, then topped with whipped cream make a delectable treat. Psst… I’m also sharing a few behind the scenes pics on how I clean up after a messy shoot like this.
Look at these. Little mini strawberry pies made with sugar cookie cups. So good.
Putting together yummy treats like these can be really messy though. I’m constantly touching the food to position it just right. In this case the whipped cream kept sliding off the tops of the strawberries. I adjusted it more times than I can count before I decided to just let it be.
This is the aftermath of drizzling all that strawberry glaze on top of each one. It’s a STICKY MESS! I usually keep a wet washcloth near by for wiping my hands & cleaning up spills & things like this. I don’t want to have to keep running down the hall to wash my hands every time I touch the food.
But now I have a much better solution! Did you know that these Wet-Nap® Cleansing Wipes are perfect for this sort of thing? (I picked them up at Walmart) I can have the package right there in the studio with me all the time. It has an easy open/close top to keep them perfectly moist for whenever I need one. I sooooo love that they have just enough cleaner in them so my hands aren’t sticky before I pick up my camera again for the next shot. I can tell you – I would be lost without these!
Visit Walmart for all your Wet-Nap® needs: 110-Count Hands, Face, & Body Cleansing Wipes, 24-Count Packettes Antibacterial Hand Wipes and 40-Count Canister Antibacterial Hand Wipes (while supplies last)
These are positively delicious & worth all the mess they made so I could share them with you all here today.
You are going to want to make these with all those wonderful summer strawberries available right now!
Sugar Cookie Strawberry Pies
Sugar Cookie Cups
- 3 cups all-purpose flour spooned in & leveled- not scooped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 box strawberry jell-o powder
2 lbs strawberries - washed & hulled
Bake cookie cups
- In a small bowl whisk together flour & baking powder - set aside
- In mixer bowl beat butter until soft
- Add sugar & mix well
- Add egg- mix again
- Add vanilla
- Add flour & mix until dough begins to clump together
- Roll dough into a ball & wrap with plastic wrap- refrigerate 1 hour
- Once dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pull off pieces of dough & roll into balls- then press into the wells of your muffin tin pan making the cup shape
- Bake 12-15 minutes & allow to cool in pan before removing
- To remove you can slide a butter knife along the side- they should pop right out
- Combine water, sugar & cornstarch in small saucepan & bring to a boil, whisking constantly until mixture is less white-more clear (you will notice it getting thicker & will be hazy)
- Remove from heat & whisk in jell-o powder
- Allow to cool for approx 5-10 minutes while you assemble your "pies"
- (don't wait too long, it will solidify as it cools)
- Add your prepared strawberries to the tops of cooled cookie cups
- Drizzle with semi-cooled glaze
- Top with whipped cream
Looking for more great summer recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE