Homemade caramel popcorn & Reese’s mini cups combined together to make this Reese’s Caramel Popcorn is a peanut butter & caramel lovers dream. Delicious!
My friends, I have a treat for you today. It’s time for our monthly Peanut Butter Bash! That means a group of us creative food bloggers have come together to bring you all the wonderful recipes we could dream up combining peanut butter with another key ingredient. This month- Caramel!!! So since I am already obsessing over homemade caramel popcorn this time of year, it’s no wonder I decided to whip up some more & add in some Reese’s mini peanut butter cups for this month’s challenge.
The key here is to add half the peanut butter cups while the popcorn & caramel is still hot- so they melt on though the popcorn. Then add in the remainder once it’s cooled down so you still have some whole peanut butter cups. WOW! I have to say, this was beyond delicious. Right after I took this photo I walked the bowl down to the hub’s office so he could give it a try. He took one bite & snagged this whole bowl from me. Before I knew it, the whole thing was gone. Good thing I had a separate, super large bowl full waiting in the kitchen. Otherwise the rest of us would have missed out. It’s AMAZING! That’s for sure!
Reese's Caramel Popcorn
- 2 packs Caramel flavored microwave popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 - 8 oz bag Reese's minis
- Pop both bags of popcorn in microwave to package directions & combine in a large bowl - set aside
- Combine butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk & salt in a saucepan
- Attach a candy thermometer to the side- don't let the tip touch the bottom of the pan- but make sure it's well within the liquid.
- Heat over medium-high -stirring constantly until mixture boils
- Once it boils reduce heat to medium & continue stirring until thermometer reaches 220 degrees
- Remove from heat, carefully remove your thermometer & drizzle mixture over the popcorn
- Fold with a spatula to coat the popcorn with caramel
- Add in 1/2 the bag of peanut butter cups & continue to fold in - allowing them to melt a bit
- Once the popcorn has cooled enough that it won't melt the peanut butter cups anymore- add in the remainder of your bag & mix until incorporated
- Enjoy immediately
Don’t miss all these other fabulous peanut butter & caramel combos being shared today!
Peanut Butter Twix Bars from Carisa of Messes to Memories
Looking for more great caramel recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE