Homemade caramel popcorn & Reese’s mini cups combined together to make this Reese’s Caramel Popcorn is a peanut butter & caramel lovers dream. Delicious!
My friends, I have a treat for you today. It’s time for our monthly Peanut Butter Bash! That means a group of us creative food bloggers have come together to bring you all the wonderful recipes we could dream up combining peanut butter with another key ingredient. This month- Caramel!!! So since I am already obsessing over homemade caramel popcorn this time of year, it’s no wonder I decided to whip up some more & add in some Reese’s mini peanut butter cups for this month’s challenge.
The key here is to add half the peanut butter cups while the popcorn & caramel is still hot- so they melt on though the popcorn. Then add in the remainder once it’s cooled down so you still have some whole peanut butter cups. WOW! I have to say, this was beyond delicious. Right after I took this photo I walked the bowl down to the hub’s office so he could give it a try. He took one bite & snagged this whole bowl from me. Before I knew it, the whole thing was gone. Good thing I had a separate, super large bowl full waiting in the kitchen. Otherwise the rest of us would have missed out. It’s AMAZING! That’s for sure!
Reese's Caramel Popcorn
- 2 packs Caramel flavored microwave popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 - 8 oz bag Reese's minis
- Pop both bags of popcorn in microwave to package directions & combine in a large bowl - set aside
- Combine butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk & salt in a saucepan
- Attach a candy thermometer to the side- don't let the tip touch the bottom of the pan- but make sure it's well within the liquid.
- Heat over medium-high -stirring constantly until mixture boils
- Once it boils reduce heat to medium & continue stirring until thermometer reaches 220 degrees
- Remove from heat, carefully remove your thermometer & drizzle mixture over the popcorn
- Fold with a spatula to coat the popcorn with caramel
- Add in 1/2 the bag of peanut butter cups & continue to fold in - allowing them to melt a bit
- Once the popcorn has cooled enough that it won't melt the peanut butter cups anymore- add in the remainder of your bag & mix until incorporated
- Enjoy immediately
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Don’t miss all these other fabulous peanut butter & caramel combos being shared today!
Peanut Butter Twix Bars from Carisa of Messes to Memories
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Cups from Stephanie of The TipToe Fairy
Looking for more great caramel recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE