Do you have times when you wish making a dessert wasn’t such a chore?? Wish you could just throw something together that was simple & quick but that looked amazing & your family would gush over?? Yeah- me too!! All the time. Insert the crash cake!! It’s so crazy easy & my family LOVED it. Especially the hubs because he’s not a huge fan of frosting. So for him- being able to have cake without the frosting was great.
This all came about because I went to Wal-Mart. Yeah- I usually don’t do the shopping because it’s dangerous for me to do so. But the circumstances were such that I had to head into town & take care of it. So as luck would have it- right as I walked in the door they had this huge display of glassware on sale. All sorts of things that would have made a lovely addition to my prop cabinet. I tried to use restraint but the one thing I couldn’t pass up with this trifle dish. I have always wanted one & it was just calling me. For the price I couldn’t pass it up. I would have kicked myself for not buying it- so I did.
Then I sat & looked at it for about another week before I actually did something with it. I just couldn’t decide what I would make first. I finally decided on a crash cake- mainly for it’s ease & secondly because I was craving all those flavors & what better way to nix that craving than to put them together.
Red Velvet BlackBerry Crash Cake
- 1 Red Velvet Cake Mix eggs, oil & water- baked to package instructions in 9x13 pan.
- 1 large tub cool whip
- 2 boxes instant chocolate pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups Blackberries
- Bake your cake & set aside to cool.
- While cake is baking prepare your instant pudding to pkg instructions with your mix & milk.
- Once cake is cooled & pudding is set pull all ingredients out & prepare to assemble.
- Start by cutting your cake into squares so it's easier to handle.
- Pull out & break cake up into large pieces to cover the bottom of dish.
- Layer in by the spoonful your cool whip.
- Then a layer of berries.
- Add another layer of cake pieces.
- Now add your pudding, followed by more cake, then cool whip & then the last of the cake.
- Top with remaining cool whip & more berries.
- Keep in freezer until about 12-15 minutes before serving.
I told you it was easy!
Have a great Thursday everyone!
Head back & enter- she has some really awesome things in her store.
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE