We are on the countdown to Valentine’s Day!! When I think of Valentine’s Day I definitely think of dark chocolate. I could be because it’s my hubs favorite of all the different types of chocolate available. So I am always trying new recipes for him using his beloved 60% Cacao chocolate. So- are you looking for a simple no bake dessert that will still have your sweetie swooning too?
Red Hot Dark Chocolate Fudge
Always start with PREMIUM chocolate, especially when working with dark chocolate. I have discussed this before but I will say it again. It is critical that you use high quality chocolate for this recipe. Because of the high Cacao content, it is the key to getting a silky consistency with your fudge. This is why I love using Ghirardelli. I love that it’s available at my grocer & I don’t have to go to a specialty store to find premium chocolate for my recipes. The variety of flavors & products is fantastic. Usually I go to the store to pick up one item but often find so much inspiration with everything else on the shelf that I pick up several varieties for future recipes too.
For this recipe I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips & the 4 oz Bars.
Red Hot Dark Chocolate Fudge
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Margarine do not use butter
- 1 5oz Can Evaporated Milk
- 1 7oz Jar Marshmallow Cream
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2-1/2 Cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 squares of Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Bars - broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup Red Hots
- Valentine Sprinkles
- Line 9x13 glass pan with parchment & then spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Put chocolate chips & vanilla in mixer bowl. Set aside.
- Heat sugar, margarine, evaporated milk & marshmallow cream in 3 qt. heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until mixture boils, boil for 5 full minutes- stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Pour into mixer bowl over the top of the chocolate chips.
- Beat with whip attachment in mixer until it's smooth & looks like silk. (if you did not use premium chocolate- it will be grainy & watery)
- Transfer to your prepared dish.
- Top with red hots, chocolate bar pieces & Valentine sprinkles
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting & serving.
Ghirardelli baking chips and bars are the ultimate dessert indulgence. Headlined by their famous 60% cacao chips, Ghirardelli baking ingredients provide bakers with premium options for all of their baking needs. Available in 10-12 oz chips bags and 4 oz bars, Ghirardelli baking products deliver lingering pleasure in every dessert, for impressive results worth sharing.
60% cacao and milk chips come in a larger size for more flavor impact
Availability: Grocery, mass, and club stores nationwide
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE