We are on the countdown to Valentine’s Day!! When I think of Valentine’s Day I definitely think of dark chocolate. I could be because it’s my hubs favorite of all the different types of chocolate available. So I am always trying new recipes for him using his beloved 60% Cacao chocolate. So- are you looking for a simple no bake dessert that will still have your sweetie swooning too?
Red Hot Dark Chocolate Fudge
Always start with PREMIUM chocolate, especially when working with dark chocolate. I have discussed this before but I will say it again. It is critical that you use high quality chocolate for this recipe. Because of the high Cacao content, it is the key to getting a silky consistency with your fudge. This is why I love using Ghirardelli. I love that it’s available at my grocer & I don’t have to go to a specialty store to find premium chocolate for my recipes. The variety of flavors & products is fantastic. Usually I go to the store to pick up one item but often find so much inspiration with everything else on the shelf that I pick up several varieties for future recipes too.
For this recipe I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips & the 4 oz Bars.
Red Hot Dark Chocolate Fudge
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Margarine do not use butter
- 1 5oz Can Evaporated Milk
- 1 7oz Jar Marshmallow Cream
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2-1/2 Cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 squares of Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Bars - broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup Red Hots
- Valentine Sprinkles
- Line 9x13 glass pan with parchment & then spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Put chocolate chips & vanilla in mixer bowl. Set aside.
- Heat sugar, margarine, evaporated milk & marshmallow cream in 3 qt. heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until mixture boils, boil for 5 full minutes- stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Pour into mixer bowl over the top of the chocolate chips.
- Beat with whip attachment in mixer until it's smooth & looks like silk. (if you did not use premium chocolate- it will be grainy & watery)
- Transfer to your prepared dish.
- Top with red hots, chocolate bar pieces & Valentine sprinkles
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting & serving.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Ghirardelli baking chips and bars are the ultimate dessert indulgence. Headlined by their famous 60% cacao chips, Ghirardelli baking ingredients provide bakers with premium options for all of their baking needs. Available in 10-12 oz chips bags and 4 oz bars, Ghirardelli baking products deliver lingering pleasure in every dessert, for impressive results worth sharing.
60% cacao and milk chips come in a larger size for more flavor impact
Availability: Grocery, mass, and club stores nationwide
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
Mariel @ Or so she says... says
Oh, my… I love Red Hots and fudge, so this is too perfect! I always love stopping by your blog to see what you have going on. Pinned!
Britni Newton Vigil says
This sounds incredible! Thanks for sharing on the weekend re-Treat link party!
Britni @ Play. Party. Pin.
This looks to DIY for! I love red hots and fudge, what a great combo! Thank you for sharing it with us at Sewlicious Home Decor! Pinned!