Quick Beer Flat Bread a great no yeast recipe that comes together in just 20 minutes. It’s easy & a delicious pairing with any meal. Definitely a favorite.
Beer Flat Bread
Mmmmmm bread. That’s what my sister-in-law said once when we were both pregnant at the same time. We were discussing how wonderful bagels were & how they were our obsession at that time. She really summed up my love for bread in that one little phrase. I can honestly say that the craving for bread never really went away after that. Maybe it’s because in the last 18 years I haven’t really slept well & my body just craves the carbs. I’m not sure about that theory, but what I do know is that it doesn’t matter the type of bread, I just crave it. It’s one of the few things that will make me drop everything to head to the kitchen to make some. All it takes is a beautiful photo & I’m all over it. Which is where this recipe for beer flat bread comes into play.
You see, I have been craving some flat bread. Not sure why that particular type of bread, but every time I see it I feel the urge to make some. I have probably pinned 50 different recipes & there’s a good chance I will try them all. But this one I adapted from a few different recipes I have been holding on to for a while now. Old handwritten on a note card recipes that have been in my folder for what seems like forever. Long before Pinterest came along I would come across a recipe & jot it down & tuck it away.
Then while going through recipes with the kids to help them decide what they will make for their monthly contributor posts here I found it. I stayed up late that night just to make some & I was so happy I did. The beer gives it the yeast flavor you get in regular bread & yet without the yeast it really makes this so easy to whip up quickly. We had ours on the side of some roast turkey & cheesy potatoes.
Quick Beer Flat Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup IPA beer- room temperature I used one of the hubs leftover bottles of ale from a local brew
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt
- Make a well in the center & add olive oil, sour cream & beer
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the dough comes together
- Transfer to a floured surface re-coating hands with flour as needed (it will be quite sticky at first)
- Knead about 4-6 minutes
- Cut into 8 even sections & form into balls
- Cover & let rest about 10 minutes
- Press balls flat & cook in a large skillet until lightly browned on both sides
- (You will know they are cooked through when they sound hollow when tapped with your fingernail in the center of the disk)
- Cooking should take about 3 minutes per side
- Serve warm & coated with melted butter
Seriously- I could eat this stuff all day long. You have to give it a try.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more of my favorite bread recipes like this Quick Beer Flat Bread?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE