Oh my. I told you yesterday that I was working on a simply divine dessert that I made that Hazelnut Caramel Sauce for. Well here it is…Poached Pears. They are so simple yet look so incredibly elegant dished with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream & a little drizzled caramel sauce over the top. Oh – yeah, I poached them with cinnamon so the whole house smelled AMAZING too. My son- the cinnamon feign – was in heaven from the start. It was all he could do to wait for me to photograph these before having some. Yes the poor children have all these wonderful smells floating through the house on a daily basis. I’m sure it can be quite distracting for them when they are trying to do school & all they want to do is come down to the kitchen & see what I’m making. Hehehe – seriously, these are that kind of dessert. Simply divine!
Oh my word – really, these are the perfect fall dessert.
I’m so in love with these poached pears. I could have a bowl just like this every single night.
- 2 firm pears - stems attached
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- Peel pears & using a melon baller- scoop out the core from the bottom - leave the stem end intact
- In a medium saucepan- combine pears, water, sugar & cinnamon
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover & reduce to low
- Allow to simmer 10-15 minutes -or until pears begin to soften
- Let cool in the liquid - they will continue to cook as they cool
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream & hazelnut caramel sauce
Want more great pear recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE