It’s National Donut Day!!!! It’s time to celebrate with some….
You know I wasn’t going to let National Donut Day go by without making something to celebrate right??!!! I mean- every donut should be celebrated. I have so much fun with my little mini-donut maker. I try to make some for a Saturday morning at least once a month to sort of break the cycle of muffins & breakfast cakes & other things. Besides- don’t you just have those days when you just REALLY CRAVE a donut?? I definitely do.
These were SO MUCH FUN!!!!
I was going to do red velvet but as I was adding the food color the pink just grabbed me
& I thought it was better for summer to do something a little lighter.
Pink Velvet Funfetti Donuts
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 c buttermilk
- 2-1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp red food color
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt & baking powder.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, vanilla to dry mixture- mix.
- Add butter- mix until combined.
- Add cocoa powder & food color- beat until just combined.
- Fill full size donut pans & bake 5-8 minutes.
OR! fill mini-donut maker & bake 3-5 minutes.
- Donuts are done when they spring back when touched- do not over cook.
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
- Dip in glaze & sprinkle with Funfetti before glaze dries.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.