It’s National Donut Day!!!! It’s time to celebrate with some….
You know I wasn’t going to let National Donut Day go by without making something to celebrate right??!!! I mean- every donut should be celebrated. I have so much fun with my little mini-donut maker. I try to make some for a Saturday morning at least once a month to sort of break the cycle of muffins & breakfast cakes & other things. Besides- don’t you just have those days when you just REALLY CRAVE a donut?? I definitely do.
These were SO MUCH FUN!!!!
I was going to do red velvet but as I was adding the food color the pink just grabbed me
& I thought it was better for summer to do something a little lighter.
Pink Velvet Funfetti Donuts
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 c buttermilk
- 2-1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp red food color
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt & baking powder.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, vanilla to dry mixture- mix.
- Add butter- mix until combined.
- Add cocoa powder & food color- beat until just combined.
- Fill full size donut pans & bake 5-8 minutes.
OR! fill mini-donut maker & bake 3-5 minutes.
- Donuts are done when they spring back when touched- do not over cook.
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
- Dip in glaze & sprinkle with Funfetti before glaze dries.