Peanut Butter Chocolate Snack Mix is made with popcorn, Chex cereal, M&M’s & peanut butter & chocolate chips making one of our favorite chex mix recipes. It’s seriously one of those recipes I can’t stop eating. Peanut butter & chocolate are always a favorite.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Snack Mix
I seriously love easy snack mix recipes. They are the perfect thing to put out for parties, gatherings or just snacking while hanging out with family. Sometimes I really love the savory mixes that I can pick up in the bags at the store. Those are great for taking out on the boat or for car rides. But when I can indulge in something a little messier, I like to go for mixes coated in either caramel or chocolate. Those are the ones that I really love to dive right in. So when I saw that this month’s peanut butter bash challenge was peanut butter & cereal, I knew exactly what I wanted to make. This peanut butter chocolate snack mix is absolutely addictive & I’m already craving more.
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
When I made this the other weekend we had just finished working on changing the flower bed in the front yard. It was a little more work than it really seemed when we came up with the idea. I mean really, replacing the old garden border with a new lighted stone border & then extending it out to change the shape didn’t really seem like it would be that hard. I suppose it came together quicker than it seemed. I think all-in-all we worked 4-5 hours on the whole project & that included planting a few extra bushes too. I will share that whole outcome here soon. But I can tell you that once we were done- I was so ready for this snack mix. So we grabbed the bowl of mix, sat out on the porch (it’s our outdoor relaxation spot) & enjoyed our new garden space. This peanut butter chocolate snack mix was the perfect way to end the long day.
- 1 bag popcorn- popped
- 1 cup rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup peanut butter & milk chocolate morsels (Nestle' sells this in a mixed bag- that's what I used- you can mix peanut butter & milk chocolate chips if you like)
- ½ tbsp shortening
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate M&M's
- Combine popcorn & cereal in a large bowl
- In a small bowl combine peanut butter & chocolate chips along with shortening & melt in microwave for 30-90 seconds- stirring after each 30-second interval
- Pour over dry mix, add in about ½ the M&M's & stir to mix throughout
- Sprinkle in remaining M&M's as the chocolate cools to keep them all from sinking to the bottom
- Store at room temperature loosely covered
How yummy does that look??!!!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
FUN STUFF I love & use in my kitchen!
Looking for more of our favorite easy snack recipes?
Don’t miss these great peanut butter & cereal ideas from these bloggers….
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE