Fudgy, frosting covered Halloween brownies with monster eyes like these Monster Brownies are delicious & so much fun. Great Halloween treats for all ages.
Who loves a good brownie? Our family LOOOOVEEES brownies so much. Give them a little frosting & we are really in business. But then you add a super cute Halloween component like electric purple frosting, fun green jimmies & ooogly, googly monster eyeballs & we have a Halloween treat hit for sure. Those candy eyes are so much fun. I started with them last Halloween & I have been finding so many different ways to use them in all our Halloween desserts. These particular brownies are definitely a favorite for all our Halloween party festivities & we will be sure to save an extra batch for the day after when the 5 of us are already tired of the standard candy leftover from the night before.
These are so simple to make – I whip them up & then prepare the frosting while they bake. Then I just let it chill slightly in the fridge while the brownies cool. Then it’s just spread, sprinkle & cut. So easy & I always let the kids help me with the eye placement. They love to do that – no matter the age.
Halloween Monster Brownies
If you are looking for an adorable Halloween dessert – these are for you!
Looking for more fun Halloween Ideas or Yummy Bar Recipes?
Halloween Mummy Bowling
- 1 Box fudge brownie mix plus called for ingredients- water, eggs, oil
- 1/2 stick 1/4 cup butter - room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp milk you can add a little more to reach desired consistency if needed
- 10-15 drops Soft Gel Paste Food Color- Electric Purple
- Green Jimmies
- Candy Eyes - both sizes
- Prepare brownies to package directions using a 9x9 square pan lined with parchment - leaving 1" overhang on the sides
- Remove baked brownies & allow to cool on wire rack in pan before adding frosting
- While the brownies are cooling, prepare your frosting
- Place softened butter in mixing bowl & beat until light & fluffy
- Add confectioners sugar & mix until crumbly
- Add milk & beat on med-high until well incorporated & fluffy
- Continue beating while you add your drops of food color, doing 4-5 drops at a time until you reach desired color
- Spread on cooled brownies
- Remove brownies from the pan by lifting up on parchment
- Cut into 16 even squares
- Add jimmies & eyes