Fudgy, frosting covered Halloween brownies with monster eyes like these Monster Brownies are delicious & so much fun. Great Halloween treats for all ages.
Who loves a good brownie? Our family LOOOOVEEES brownies so much. Give them a little frosting & we are really in business. But then you add a super cute Halloween component like electric purple frosting, fun green jimmies & ooogly, googly monster eyeballs & we have a Halloween treat hit for sure.
Those candy eyes are so much fun. I started with them last Halloween & I have been finding so many different ways to use them in all our Halloween desserts. These particular brownies are definitely a favorite for all our Halloween party festivities & we will be sure to save an extra batch for the day after when the 5 of us are already tired of the standard candy leftover from the night before.
These are so simple to make – I whip them up & then prepare the frosting while they bake. Then I just let it chill slightly in the fridge while the brownies cool.
Then it’s just spread, sprinkle & cut. So easy & I always let the kids help me with the eye placement. They love to do that – no matter the age.
Halloween Monster Brownies
If you are looking for an adorable Halloween dessert – these are for you!
Don’t miss my Mummy Brownies too!
Looking for more fun Halloween Ideas or Yummy Bar Recipes?
Halloween Mummy Bowling
Don’t miss these great ideas ….
Halloween Brownies on Easy Holiday Ideas
- 1 Box fudge brownie mix plus called for ingredients- water, eggs, oil
- 1/2 stick 1/4 cup butter - room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp milk you can add a little more to reach desired consistency if needed
- 10-15 drops Soft Gel Paste Food Color- Electric Purple
- Green Jimmies
- Candy Eyes - both sizes
- Prepare brownies to package directions using a 9x9 square pan lined with parchment - leaving 1" overhang on the sides
- Remove baked brownies & allow to cool on wire rack in pan before adding frosting
- While the brownies are cooling, prepare your frosting
- Place softened butter in mixing bowl & beat until light & fluffy
- Add confectioners sugar & mix until crumbly
- Add milk & beat on med-high until well incorporated & fluffy
- Continue beating while you add your drops of food color, doing 4-5 drops at a time until you reach desired color
- Spread on cooled brownies
- Remove brownies from the pan by lifting up on parchment
- Cut into 16 even squares
- Add jimmies & eyes
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.