Does a warm Hot Toddie sound good right about now?? I know that when it gets chilly outside I like to have a warm beverage all day long. Most times it’s coffee, but sometimes I don’t want so much caffeine as it gets later in the day. So I switch to tea of some sort. I like to make a non alcoholic hot toddie to warm me up. I decided to see what sort of twist I could make on my usual tea & came up with something you will love to serve your guests this holiday season.
Making this with cider instead of water really gives it a wonderful rich flavor.
Gingered Cider Hot Toddie
Recipe is per mug
- 2 cups apple cider- warmed
- 1 bag of tea flavor of choice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1 slice of lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 shot Brandy Whiskey, Rum of Bourbon **Optional
- Warm your cider in your mug
- Steep your tea bag in cider for 3-5 minutes
- Add in honey & ginger & stir with your cinnamon stick
- Leave cinnamon stick in mug
- Add shot of desired spirits (optional)
- Top with lemon slice
I love that I can have this at any time of day without the shot of spirits. It’s also a great beverage to serve to guests during holiday entertaining.
Very festive & since the spirits are optional- everyone can enjoy it.
Want another holiday beverage? Here’s one you will love.
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE