Crispy Seasoned Chicken Wings are easy to make & are a great game day snack. Baked to perfection & flash fried for that perfectly crispy skin, DELICIOUS!
It’s no secret – we love our game day food in this house. From drinks, to wings, to cheesy dips, we make so many amazing recipes to enjoy when it’s time for football. This time of year is bitter-sweet for us because while we love the playoffs, they also signify that the end of the season is near. Then we have 7 months of waiting until pre-season starts. It’s so long to wait, but that is what makes these game day recipes that much better. I love our Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings & while they do have a crisp skin, sometimes I really want something crisper & more like fried chicken. I think the crisp skin really helps them not get soggy when tossing them in sauce or dipping in Sriracha Ranch, which is how these Crispy Seasoned Chicken Wings were born.
Crispy Seasoned Chicken Wings
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
The secret to these is to bake them in the oven until fully cooked & then we toss them in some flour before we flash fry them in the dutch oven with some peanut oil. It gives remarkable flavor & that crunch is like no other. I love baking these because that gives me time to prepare everything else I am serving on game day. Then when they are done baking it’s just a quick dip in the oil & they are ready to enjoy. It also helps keep the oil light instead of them soaking in it to cook through. It’s fast & I can tell you, that extra step is worth it if you like crisp wings & drumettets. WOW! I have a hard time sharing these with everyone. They are THAT GOOD!
**I use these items to make these wings**
Crispy Seasoned Chicken Wings
- 2 pkgs - approx 40 chicken wings/drumettes
- 2 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp granulated garlic + more for dusting
- 2 tbsp season salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan cheese- divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-3 cups peanut oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine oil, salt, pepper, season salt, garlic powder, ½ cup parmesan cheese & chicken in a large bowl & toss to thoroughly coat the chicken
- Lay out in a single layer on a large baking sheet with rack
- Bake at 374 for 1 hour- or until juices run clear
- Remove & place in a large mixing bowl with the flour
- Toss with tongs to coat
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in large heavy stockpot or dutch oven (just enough to cover the bottom of the pot by about ½")
- Once oil is heated, carefully place your coated chicken wings in the pot
- Allow to cook 30-60 seconds, turning as need until all sides are crisp
- Remove & sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese & additional granulated garlic
These are the perfect addition to any game day!
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more great game day recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE