Ooohhhhh – I can’t even begin to tell you just how excited I am about this recipe. If you are a COFFEE LOVER like I am – you try to add a little java to just about anything you can. I start my day off with a 28 ounce mug of some really strong coffee. Sometimes that isn’t quite enough. Soooo….I decided to see if I could give a jolt to my breakfast too. Because really- I wanted to see if I COULD. The result was over the top- so much better than I ever imagined.
Coffee Bean Syrup
I grew up with whip cream on my waffles & pancakes. Then in high school one of my best friends was from Australia. When she told me that they serve waffles with a scoop of ice cream on it for breakfast – that was it for me. GENIUS! Why didn’t I ever think of that before??!! A reason to have ice cream for breakfast- I’m all over that. So the perfect combination here is waffles & vanilla ice cream topped with this Coffee Bean Syrup. HEAVEN on a breakfast plate – I’m tellin’ ya.
One little taste- my eyes rolled to the back of my head. TO DIE FOR!
Coffee Bean Syrup
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tsp strong instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place corn syrup, sugar, water & coffee granules in saucepan.
- Heat over medium - stirring to combine.
- Keep stirring & allow to come to a boil - boiling & stirring about 3-5 minutes
- Remove from heat & add evaporated milk & vanilla.
- Stir to combine.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature before transferring to bottles.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
- Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds to bring back to drizzle consistency before serving.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want More Syrup?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]