Ooohhhhh – I can’t even begin to tell you just how excited I am about this recipe. If you are a COFFEE LOVER like I am – you try to add a little java to just about anything you can. I start my day off with a 28 ounce mug of some really strong coffee. Sometimes that isn’t quite enough. Soooo….I decided to see if I could give a jolt to my breakfast too. Because really- I wanted to see if I COULD. The result was over the top- so much better than I ever imagined.
Coffee Bean Syrup
I grew up with whip cream on my waffles & pancakes. Then in high school one of my best friends was from Australia. When she told me that they serve waffles with a scoop of ice cream on it for breakfast – that was it for me. GENIUS! Why didn’t I ever think of that before??!! A reason to have ice cream for breakfast- I’m all over that. So the perfect combination here is waffles & vanilla ice cream topped with this Coffee Bean Syrup. HEAVEN on a breakfast plate – I’m tellin’ ya.
One little taste- my eyes rolled to the back of my head. TO DIE FOR!
Coffee Bean Syrup
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tsp strong instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place corn syrup, sugar, water & coffee granules in saucepan.
- Heat over medium - stirring to combine.
- Keep stirring & allow to come to a boil - boiling & stirring about 3-5 minutes
- Remove from heat & add evaporated milk & vanilla.
- Stir to combine.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature before transferring to bottles.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
- Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds to bring back to drizzle consistency before serving.
Want More Syrup?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]