I’m sort of feeling like I’m back in the saddle today after a great trip with some AMAZINGLY INSPIRING women. I will be sharing all about it as soon as I can get my head wrapped around everything here. But I do have a YUMMY recipe to share with you that I know you will LOVE!!! Ever since I posted my Coffee Bean Syrup & used it on a stack of waffles with a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream, I have been wanting to create more things to put on top of waffles & ice cream. You know me- more is more when it comes to treats!! Certain flavors paried together just make me swoon- bananas & caramel, bananas & coconut, caramel & pecans, bananas & pecans. So I figured why not put it altogether for one decadent & absolutely delightful treat. Coconut Bananas Foster.
Now bananas foster is typically made with rum.
Yes the alcohol is cooked out – but I opted to use that Coffee Bean Syrup that I mentioned earlier in it’s place.
I used these giant Belgian Waffles stacked 3 high, topped with vanilla ice cream & then added my foster.
Heaven!! Absolute Heaven!
Coconut Bananas Foster
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Coffee Bean Syrup
- 2 bananas - sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened coconut - divided
- Melt a stick of butter in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Add a cup of brown sugar.
- Stir it up with heavy cream.
- Stir in bananas
- Add chopped nuts.
- The mixture should be good and bubbly.
- Pour in syrup
- Remove from the burner and stir in 1 cup of the coconut.
- Serve over waffles & vanilla ice cream & top with remaining coconut
Want more Caramel or Coconut?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE