These simple & easy Chocolate Snowflake Candy Canes sure make a great edible neighbor gift. Make some Homemade Treats for the neighbors, family and friends- they will remember it for years to come.
Chocolate Snowflake Candy Canes
Yay! It’s time for homemade gifts for the neighbors. I make so many treats all the time that it’s not unusual for me to take a plate of goodies over to the neighbors on any random day. I just can’t have it all in the house & eat it in a reasonable amount of time. That being said, when it comes to the holiday season, giving edible gifts is a joy for me. I still feel that making something with the specific reason of giving it to someone is one of the most personal things you can do. Thought, time & lots of love goes in to making these homemade gifts. It’s special & it’s like you are giving a piece of yourself. I feel this is especially true when sharing something like a family favorite that you personally enjoy. For me, since I cook for a living, it’s even more personal because I’m giving a part of who I am when I made recipes for others. These recipes & ideas are ones that are often passed down from my mom, which makes it deeply personal for me. What better gift than to give something so special to someone else?!
I love these chocolate dipped & decorated candy canes because to me candy canes are synonymous with the holiday season. Adding the pretty decorations just make them ever so special. The best part is that you can make these in bulk really quickly. I like to have the kids help me too since it’s so easy. Before we know it we have wrapped up all our gifts for all the neighbors on the street in less than 1 hour. Not bad!
Chocolate Snowflake candy Canes
- 8 old fashioned candy canes
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 tbsp shortening
- white pearl sprinkles
- white snowflake sprinkles
- squeeze bottle
- Unwrap your candy canes & place on a small parchment lined baking sheet or plate
- Combine white chocolate chips & shortening in a glass & heat in microwave 60-90 seconds on 50% power.
- Stir to remove all lumps & make sure that it's smooth
- Dip each candy cane in about half way to coat & return to parchment paper
- Do a second coat of chocolate on each candy cane to make sure it's nice & thick
- Immediately sprinkle white pearl & snowflake sprinkles to wet chocolate
- Transfer remaining chocolate to a squeeze bottle with narrow tip
- Squeeze in a a thin zigzag pattern over the chocolate area of the candy canes
- Add a few more snowflake sprinkles to the wet chocolate
- Allow to cool & harden at room temperature before adding to your gift box
If your gift list is longer than you care to think about right now, these are a simple & easy gift that comes from the heart!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more great edible homemade gifts for the neighbors like these Chocolate Snowflake Candy Canes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE