Chocolate Cake Mix Bars are a yummy bar recipe that’s simple & easy to make. Using cake mix, a handful of everyday ingredients & loads of chocolate chips, this chocolate dessert is utterly amazing! *This post first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I am a contributor.
I think you all know how much I love yummy bar recipes! I make them all the time & they are often my “go-to” dessert recipe. It’s because I can just plop it all in the pan & bake. As a result, there is no rolling dough & hoping the shape holds like cookies or hoping everything rises correctly like cupcakes. Nope, it’s just easy & simple. I can cut bar recipes to match however many people I’m serving. Easy is the name of the game & I really can’t complain about that. For these I used my favorite cake mix & 9×9 baking pan.
I mean look at these, it’s like chocolate overload here. When there’s this much chocolate I get super happy. These have a layer of the cake bar mix & then a whole lot of chocolate chip layered in between another layer of the dough. Then you top them off with even more chocolate chips- see I told you it was chocolate overload. When you need a quick dessert for your next potluck or backyard bbq- these are your perfect treat that will keep everyone coming back for more.
Chocolate Cake Mix Bars
Chocolate Cake Mix Bars
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick 1/2 cup butter- softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper & spray with cooking spray
- Combine cake mix, butter & egg in mixer bowl & beat with paddle attachment until mix forms into a thick dough
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the prepared baking pan- it will look like there isn't enough to cover the bottom, just keep working it into a thin even layer (it will cover)
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of each type of chocolate chips
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top in a thin, even coating
- Separate remaining dough into balls & evenly distribute over the top of the chocolate chips
- Press down to flatten a bit
- Add remaining chocolate chips
- Bake 27- 30 minutes
- Cool completely before slicing if you aren't eating warm, right out of the pan.
Chocolate cake mix bars are over the top, 100% perfect for every chocolate lover out there!
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more yummy bar recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE