Chocolate Cake Mix Bars are a yummy bar recipe that’s simple & easy to make. Using cake mix, a handful of everyday ingredients & loads of chocolate chips, this chocolate dessert is utterly amazing! *This post first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I am a contributor.
I think you all know how much I love yummy bar recipes! I make them all the time & they are often my “go-to” dessert recipe. It’s because I can just plop it all in the pan & bake. As a result, there is no rolling dough & hoping the shape holds like cookies or hoping everything rises correctly like cupcakes. Nope, it’s just easy & simple. I can cut bar recipes to match however many people I’m serving. Easy is the name of the game & I really can’t complain about that. For these I used my favorite cake mix & 9×9 baking pan.
I mean look at these, it’s like chocolate overload here. When there’s this much chocolate I get super happy. These have a layer of the cake bar mix & then a whole lot of chocolate chip layered in between another layer of the dough. Then you top them off with even more chocolate chips- see I told you it was chocolate overload. When you need a quick dessert for your next potluck or backyard bbq- these are your perfect treat that will keep everyone coming back for more.
Chocolate Cake Mix Bars
Chocolate Cake Mix Bars
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick 1/2 cup butter- softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper & spray with cooking spray
- Combine cake mix, butter & egg in mixer bowl & beat with paddle attachment until mix forms into a thick dough
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the prepared baking pan- it will look like there isn't enough to cover the bottom, just keep working it into a thin even layer (it will cover)
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of each type of chocolate chips
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top in a thin, even coating
- Separate remaining dough into balls & evenly distribute over the top of the chocolate chips
- Press down to flatten a bit
- Add remaining chocolate chips
- Bake 27- 30 minutes
- Cool completely before slicing if you aren't eating warm, right out of the pan.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Chocolate cake mix bars are over the top, 100% perfect for every chocolate lover out there!
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more yummy bar recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE