Blueberry Pie Donuts takes everything you love about the best blueberry pie & add it to a delicious baked mini donut. The perfect breakfast treat!
Baked Donut Recipe
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Blueberry Pie Donuts
Seriously!!! If they were completely bite sized- they wouldn’t have made it through the session. Gone in a flash.
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
Looking for more of our favorite blueberry recipes?
Blueberry Pie Donuts
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 sticks butter- melted & slightly cooled
- 2 cups mashed blueberries with their juice
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt I used Chobani
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp firm stick butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp sweetened condensed milk- room temp
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat donut machine or preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl- combine flour, sugar & baking powder.- Whisk.
- Whisk in eggs, then yogurt, then butter.
- Fold in mashed blueberries & their juice.
- Transfer to pastry bag & pipe into donut wells or scoop in to full size donut pan.
- Cook 6 minutes for mini-donuts or 10-12 for full size in the oven.
- Remove & cool on wire rack & repeat the cooking process for remaining batter.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl & use pastry blender to mash & combine until crumbly.
- Lay donuts out on cookie sheet- sprinkle streusel mix over the top.
- Broil on high 1-2 minutes. This goes really quick & they can burn fast. Watch closely- you only want to melt in the streusel to the donut tops just a little.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl- whisk until smooth & glossy.
- Transfer to pastry bag & pipe/drizzle over the tops of the donuts.
- Allow to set before stacking.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Microwave 2 at a time for 30 seconds before serving.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Cheesy Hash Brown Potato Nests
Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins
Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Tots
Fresh Cranberry Scones with a Toasted Almonds
and these too…
Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake from Alexandra’s kitchen
Blueberry Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins from Running with spoons
Join our weekly mailing list to receive the latest posts AND
the most popular posts on Pinterest!.
It's all FREE!
Just stumbled upon all of these blueberry recipes – wow! They all look so delicious. Berry season is my fave and I can’t wait to try these. Just bought a bunch of berries this morning. Pinning these for sure. Yum!!
I love donuts, and you have taken donuts to a whole new awesome level here with this recipe! #happynowlinkup
Donna @ Modern on Monticello says
This makes me want to buy a donut pan asap. They look so good! Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty