Blueberry Pie Donuts takes everything you love about the best blueberry pie & add it to a delicious baked mini donut. The perfect breakfast treat!
Baked Donut Recipe
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Blueberry Pie Donuts
Seriously!!! If they were completely bite sized- they wouldn’t have made it through the session. Gone in a flash.
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
Looking for more of our favorite blueberry recipes?
Blueberry Pie Donuts
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 sticks butter- melted & slightly cooled
- 2 cups mashed blueberries with their juice
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt I used Chobani
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp firm stick butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp sweetened condensed milk- room temp
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat donut machine or preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl- combine flour, sugar & baking powder.- Whisk.
- Whisk in eggs, then yogurt, then butter.
- Fold in mashed blueberries & their juice.
- Transfer to pastry bag & pipe into donut wells or scoop in to full size donut pan.
- Cook 6 minutes for mini-donuts or 10-12 for full size in the oven.
- Remove & cool on wire rack & repeat the cooking process for remaining batter.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl & use pastry blender to mash & combine until crumbly.
- Lay donuts out on cookie sheet- sprinkle streusel mix over the top.
- Broil on high 1-2 minutes. This goes really quick & they can burn fast. Watch closely- you only want to melt in the streusel to the donut tops just a little.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl- whisk until smooth & glossy.
- Transfer to pastry bag & pipe/drizzle over the tops of the donuts.
- Allow to set before stacking.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Microwave 2 at a time for 30 seconds before serving.
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
and these too…