Friday is National Pretzel Day. I thought I would give you all a quick & easy recipe you can make to help celebrate if you like. 🙂 These Blackberry Marmalade Pretzel Blondies were so good. The mix of the chewy part of the blondie that gives you that cookie/brownie flavor & then the salty crunch of the pretzels mixed with the sweet of the blackberry marmalade- YUM. These salty sweet treats are the perfect combination & yet not too rich.
These were gone almost as soon as I cut them- definitely a hit. I was really happy that the hubs loved them. He isn’t always quick to try a lot of the things I share here- he’s not a huge sweets fan. So I was happy when he grabbed one right up & loved them.
Blackberry Marmalade Pretzel Blondies
- 1/2 cup salted butter- melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar- packed
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups pretzels- loosely crushed & packed
- 3 ounces marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 8x8 pan with foil & spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Microwave butter in 30 second increments to melt. Set aside for about 5 minutes to let cool to room temp.
- Once cooled a bit- add your egg, brown sugar & vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour & stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in crushed pretzels.
- Transfer to prepared pan- press down into corners & smooth out.
- Drizzle your marmalade over the top in whatever design you like.
- Bake 28-33 minutes- until center is set. Until toothpick test is mostly clean.
- Don't ever bake- will firm as it cools.
- Cool in pan at least 30 minutes. Store in air tight container for up to 1 week if they are not gone before then.
You can get my Raspberry marmalade recipe HERE & just substitute the berries for whatever kind you like.
Celebrate National Pretzel Day & make these yummy blondies. You will LOVE them.
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE