I am a coffee NUT I tell you. Last week we ran out of our usual SUPER STRONG coffee from Costco & couldn’t get back there to pick up some right away. We had to go several days with some regular (what they called strong) coffee that was beyond weak. I was going through withdrawals So you can imagine how seriously I take my creamers too. I love them in my coffee & I love to use them (& the flavors I love so much) in the other things I make.
I have completely fallen in love with the current flavors available from International Delight & had to pick up a few. This also meant that I was already dreaming up recipes while I was standing in line at the checkout counter. So while I was standing there waiting, I found the Almond Joy bars that just happened to match the flavor of one of the creamers that I was buying. That really got the gears turning. So I decided to add them to the cart & get creative when I got home.
Almond Joy Cream Delight Bars from Kleinworth & Co.
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp International Delight Gourmet Coffee Creamer - Almond Joy flavor
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Almond Joy fun size chopped
- 1 12oz bag chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9x13 glass pan with cooking spray.
- In mixer combine butter, sugars, eggs & Almond Joy International Delight Gourmet Coffee Creamer mixing on low for 1 minute.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt & half the chocolate chips.
- Stir in slowly to wet mixture on low speed.
- Scrape bowl to ensure all ingredients are blended.
- Transfer to baking dish, pressing down & flattening out to cover bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips & Almond Joy pieces on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool & then cut bars into 3 inch squares.
These are so good. You can’t go wrong with chocolate chip bars. Rich, chewy & oh so delicious!
The kids would barely let me take the time to photograph them before they were beating down the door of the studio to get some.
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo