Cheesy Chicken Ranch Potatoes are a simple slow cooker side dish recipe that’s so delicious. Just another easy family dinner idea that’s ready in just 4 hours. OMG- these are SO GOOD! LOVE that this recipe is family size & uses rotisserie chicken!
Cheesy Chicken Ranch Potatoes
Do you ever have those moments when you are creating a meal & you just start tossing things in & hope for the best. That was the case with these cheesy chicken ranch potatoes. I was chopping potatoes & getting ready to do a standard side dish of crock pot potatoes when I realized I had a whole bunch of rotisserie chicken left over that I needed to use. Sure I could have served it re-heated on the side of the potatoes. But I just wasn’t diggin’ it. It must have been the chilly, rainy day we were having because all I wanted was something hearty & comforting. So I decided that I would try it all cooked together. I’m so glad I did. It was INCREDIBLE & I can’t believe how simple it was to make! Using the leftover rotisserie chicken really makes this almost effortless. But if you don’t have a rotisserie chicken on hand you can also use any leftover chicken you have or even those frozen/pre-cooked chicken strips.
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
It comes together by layering your ingredients, starting with potatoes, then chicken, sprinkle with a little ranch seasoning & then top with cheese. Then repeat this 2 more times. Wrap the foil around to cover & place the lid on. I cook mine on high for about 3-4 hours but you can cook on low for up to 8. Because I was making so much I used one of my larger slow cookers, but you could half the recipe & use a smaller cooker.
- 5 lbs red potatoes- chopped
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups leftover rotisserie chicken (or pre-cooked frozen chicken)
- 2 ranch seasoning/dressing packets
- chives for garnish
- Line a large (6-7 qt) slow cooker with foil & spray with cooking spray
- Place a layer of potatoes to cover the bottom
- Top with chicken, dust with ranch seasoning powder & add a sprinkle of cheese
- Repeat 2-3 more times with remaining ingredients until the cooker is full
- Close the foil over the potatoes to keep the steam in
- Cover with slow cooker lid & cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 7-8 hours
- Top with chives before serving
These are so incredible good. I’m really craving more now!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
FUN STUFF I love & use in my kitchen!
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas to go with these cheesy chicken ranch potatoes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE