Mint & chocolate lovers rejoice. If you crave that delectable mint & chocolate combo, then this is your lucky day. Thick & fudgy brownie bites topped with white chocolate & mint malt balls makes these Malted Mint Brownie Bites that are out of this world fantastic. YUM!
Malted Mint Brownie Bites
Do you love mixing your chocolate with mint? I know I sure do. I remember as a kid I thought Peppermint Patties were the best thing EVER. Remember when they were super HUGE & it would take you a while to eat a whole one? I do. Boy times have changed when it comes to the size of candy. Boooo! But anyhow- I still love & crave the flavor of mint & chocolate together. So when I found these mint flavored malt balls while doing our shopping for the weekend at the apartment I had to get some. They are at a store called Haggen’s in Olympia, WA. I’m not sure if there are stores near you. (But you can buy some Malted Milk Balls on Amazon if you like- **affiliate link) Fortunately the store had them in their bulk section so I was able to really stock up. I have to say, the first time we ate them all during our 6 hour drive home to CDA. So the next time we spent a weekend there I made sure pick up some more & to pack them in a hard to reach place so that they would in fact make them home to make treats with.
So these are pretty easy to make. You can use your own homemade brownie bite recipe if you have one. I have not made one to share here yet. But for these I decided to dress up some I had picked up when putting together an impromptu spring coffee party. My thing is- while I love making everything from scratch, sometimes I just don’t have time when I need 12-15 different recipe choices on the buffet table & I had little notice to put it altogether. So I choose one main recipe that I can’t buy anywhere else- usually something I’m known for. Then I pick up the rest from the bakery at the market. So for these I started with brownie bites from there & decorated them. I’m telling you – makes it so easy, these were done in about 15 minutes.
- 10-12 brownie bites (either homemade or bakery style)
- 1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 12-15 Mint Malt Balls
- Line out your brownie bites on a piece of parchment or small baking tray
- Rough chop your malt balls & set aside
- In a small bowl microwave white chocolate chips in 20 second intervals on 50% power, stirring in-between until fully melted
- Transfer to small squeeze bottle & squeeze a small amount on top of each brownie bite to cover
- (you can spoon it on- I just found more control when using a squeeze bottle)
- Place chopped malt balls on top to decorate
- Let sit about 30 minutes for chocolate to set before serving
Delicious! I know you will LOVE these!!! They’re the perfect spring treat!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more of our favorite spring recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE