Adapted from the classic Betty Crocker snickerdoodle recipe, these Brown Sugar Bacon Snickerdoodles are coated with bacon, brown sugar & a hint of cayenne pepper. Absolutely DELICIOUS!
Brown Sugar Bacon Snickerdoodles
I’m so excited you all! Today I’m sharing a virtual cookie swap! Yep, we all were paired with someone from our group at random. Then we emailed each other a favorite recipe & we are sharing those recipes here today. I was paired with Loriann Cargill from Thyme for Cocktails & she’s making my Chocolate Amaretto Shortbread Cookies. So you will definitely want to head on over & check that out when you are done here today. She sent me this recipe for Brown Sugar Bacon Snickerdoodles. I know what you are thinking- bacon on a cookie?! Yep – because of the brown sugar it’s more like candied bacon. I have to tell you- it’s so good!!!
You know what I love most about this recipe? It takes something so classic & twists it in a way you wouldn’t normally think of. It’s unique & oh so delectable. You really have to give them a try. They didn’t last long in this house- that’s for sure.
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 6 slices extra crispy bacon, drained really well and cooled
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Line baking trays with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place bacon in a food processor and pulse until very fine. Add brown sugar and cayenne, pulse until combined.
- Cream together 1½ cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl.
- Mix together dry ingredients. Stir into wet ingredients.
- Shape dough into 1¼-inch balls. Roll balls in bacon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
Give the gift of these cookies! They are absolutely scrumptious!
Be sure to check out the hosts of this AWESOME cookie Swap & see what else is sharing today!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more great holiday cookie ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE