Thick and chewy Fall M&M Cookies are a soft & buttery cookie packed full of white & milk chocolate morsels & fall M&M’s. The perfect homemade cookies.
Fall M&M Cookies
I really love a good chocolate chip cookie. A few months ago I was determined to spend as many weekends as I had to making cookies to find the perfect recipe. I was lucky enough that only a couple weekends into the mission I did actually create what our family considers the perfect chocolate chip cookie. A little crisp on the outside, soft & chewy on the inside. These are buttery without being too thin & the chocolate on the inside of the M&M’s gets all melty & soft. Oh my goodness, it’s just the PERFECT COOKIE!
This has been a mission of mine for a long while. Especially since when I met my hubs 20 years ago, cookies were the only thing I could make from scratch. Even though my mom was a professional cake decorator, I really relied on cake & brownie mix for most things. Cookies in my book had to be made from scratch- always. So of course that was what I knew how to make. Everyone raved over these cookies I had been making since high school. But honestly- with as good as they tasted, they were not so photogenic. In fact, they were just the opposite of that. Flat, lacking any visual interest like M&M’s & unappealing. You would never guess that they actually tasted good. You had to take a leap of faith with those. So since photos are everything these days I had to work at it & make them look just like they taste.
The kicker is the ratio of margarine to butter. With margarine only you get a cake like cookie. Just butter & you get a very thin & sad little cookie. While those are both great in their own right- I had to come up with a balance that pleased everyone. With the first bite I knew these were THE perfect cookie. It was sweet satisfaction knowing that I could give these as a gift & everyone would enjoy how they look & especially how they taste. YUM-O!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter - room temperature
- ¼ cup margarine
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg- room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (scooped lightly - not spooned into your measuring cup)
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding - not cook & serve
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Fall M&M's - divided
- In mixer bowl - beat butter, margarine, sugar & brown sugar together until fluffy
- Add egg & vanilla - beat well
- Add in flour, pudding mix, baking soda & salt - slowly stir first & then beat until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Slowly stir in chocolate chips
- Fold in ½ the M&M's
- Remove beater, cover & refrigerate overnight
- The next day preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roll dough into balls - it will be firm
- Place dough balls on baking sheet & bake cookies for 9-12 minutes (mine were perfect at 11)
- Remove & immediately top each cookie with a few white chocolate chips & M&M's before they cool.
- Leave cookies on baking sheet to cool
- Start with a cold cookie sheet with each batch to ensure that the cookies bake consistently.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature
Wouldn’t these be great at your Thanksgiving festivities?
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more great holiday cookie recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE