Valentine Chocolate Chip Cookies
Valentine Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy, deliciously buttery cookie recipe loaded with M&M’s. Great for giving to your sweetie this Valentine’s Day
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 11 minutes
Chill time 12 hours
Total Time 26 minutes
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) - room temperature
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour scooped lightly - not spooned into your measuring cup- just don't pack it in there firmly
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding 3.4 ounce - - not cook & serve
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + more for after baking
- 1 cup white chocolate chips + more for after baking
- 1 cup Valentine M&M's - divided
In mixer bowl - beat butter, margarine, sugar & brown sugar together until fluffy
Add egg & vanilla - beat well
Add in flour, pudding mix, baking soda & salt - slowly stir first & then beat until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
Slowly stir in chocolate & white chocolate chips
Fold in 1/2 the M&M's
Remove beater, cover & refrigerate overnight (extremely important that you do this)
The next day preheat oven to 350 degrees
Roll dough into balls - it will be firm & you will need to press it all together
Place dough balls on baking sheet & bake cookies for 9-12 minutes (mine were perfect at 11)
Remove & immediately top each cookie with a few extra chocolate chips, white chocolate chips & M&M's before they cool.
Leave cookies on baking sheet to cool
Repeat this process with remaining cookies.
I used 3-3/4 baking sheets for all these cookies. It's important to not place dough on a hot cookie sheet. Start with a cold cookie sheet with each batch to ensure that the cookies bake consistently.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature