Chocolate Almond Ricotta Cookies
Chocolate Almond Ricotta Cookies- So good!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese part skim
- ⅓ heaping cup dark chocolate baking cocoa
- 3-2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips- for mixing
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips for the tops
- ½ cup slivered almonds for the top
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, cream together butter & sugar.
Add eggs & mix well
Add almond & vanilla extracts - beat until just blended.
Fold in ricotta cheese.
In a separate mixing bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, & salt.
Mix in dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookies bounce back when touched lightly & the center of the cookie no longer looks moist.
Transfer to a cookie rack to cool. Top with additional chocolate chips & slivered almonds.