It’s potluck season, which means Yummy Bar Recipes are the name of the game. These Peppermint Cake Mix Brownies are another one of my Yummy Bar Recipes that are also an easy dessert. Just 4 ingredients & you have a delicious treat that you can bring to any party. But you better make a double batch because with just 16 brownies in this recipe, they will be gone in a flash.
Have you ever been craving a brownie so bad that you actually head to the kitchen to make some? Then when you get there you find that you not only don’t have a mix on hand, but that you are also out of cocoa so you can’t even make them from scratch. Yeah – sadly, this happens to me often. I seem to go through certain ingredients & they do make their way on to the grocery list. But somehow don’t make their way into my cart.
One thing I always have on hand though is cake mix. Since it’s great for adding to other recipes beyond making a cake, I have a lot of them. So in doing a little research I found that by changing the measurements of the ingredients you add to a mix, you can actually make brownies with it. WhoooHoooo! Did you know that? I was pretty excited to learn this & had to give it a try myself. These wonderfully delicious brownies were the result.
Peppermint Cake Mix Brownies : Yummy Bar Recipes
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mini Peppermint Patties
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 9" square pan with parchment & set aside
- Combine cake mix, oil & eggs in mixer bowl & stir at a low speed until fully combined & smooth
- Transfer batter into prepared pan & press into an even flat layer
- Top with peppermint patties & press in slightly
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean
- Cool completely on wire rack before cutting & serving
Yummy Bar Recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE