You may have noticed – I’m sort of in party food mode around here. It’s probably my favorite thing to make – other than treats of course. But with the playoffs happening & the big game right around the corner- it’s on my mind all the time. I find myself waking at 2am & having to get up to write down ideas that pop into my head. I love love love appetizers & snacks. One of my all time favorites that we have been making for at least the last 15 years are these Parmesan Tortilla Chips.
Making homemade tortilla chips is super simple & in my opinion- WAY better than anything you can buy in a bag. So when it comes to making homemade nachos or having something to dip into our favorite taco dip – these are my go-to thing. We like to use sea salt & popcorn salt & then parmesan cheese. I know it sounds strange. But many years ago we used to visit this little hole in the wall taco stand. They had the best food there & they added parmesan to their tortillas. So not only do we do that with our homemade taco shells – but with these chips too. SO GOOD!
Parmesan Tortilla Chips ~ Game Day Snacks
- 10-20 corn tortillas
- Peanut Oil
- Powder Parmesan cheese
- Popcorn Salt
- Fill stock pot with peanut oil about 1 inch deep
- Cut tortillas into triangles or strips
- Heat oil on medium high
- When oil is ready drop a handful of triangles in & let brown for 45 seconds + depending on how crunchy you like them
- Using a metal strainer or spoon- scoop out into bowl lined with paper towels
- Immediately sprinkle with popcorn salt & Parmesan cheese.
- Shake & toss to coat more evenly.
- Enjoy! Will keep for about 24 hours in an airtight container.
Today I’m also participating in this Tailgate Party Hop!
Check out all these other amazing tailgating recipes!
Want to see more of the recipes we like to make for game day?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE