Hi Everyone! Welcome!
Monkey Muffins are a delicious banana muffin recipe, loaded with coconut & chocolate chips! These make the perfect breakfast to make your day happy!
This week I thought I would share something that was first shared here by Sarah at Faith, Family & F-Stops. A few weeks back she posted her Funky Monkey Muffins & I was drooling. So much so that I featured them & then I tried my hand at making them. However- like most recipes I try- I put my own twist on it. Taking the basic concept & base ingredients I changed things up. This was mainly because the recipe said it made a dozen. Well in this house with 3 kids that EAT A LOT- I knew that 12 muffins just wasn’t going to cut it. So not only did I double the recipe but then I changed the quantities just a bit to fit my taste.
Thank you Sarah- they were FABULOUS!!!!!!!!
The kids loved them & I actually got about 30 muffins out of the batch. Worked out great- we had breakfast for a whole week. If you don’t need quite that many (even though they do freeze well) head on over to see Sarah’s post & print off the small batch version. Otherwise you can print this large batch version below.
Oh my goodness – just look at that coconut. These make me SWOON!
You really can’t go wrong with chocolate chips. I love making these for breakfast on the weekends!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons baking powder yes TBSP
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 ripe bananas- mashed
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips + more for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400. Line your baking tins.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients (flours baking powder, sugar, salt) set aside.
- Mix egg, oil, vanilla & milk in mixer bowl with paddle attachment.
- Add banana- mix slowly to not splash.
- Add dry mixture- mix until combined.
- Add chocolate chips- mix in
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of batter into each baking cup.
- Sprinkle with coconut & more chocolate chips.
- Bake 20 minutes or when your toothpick test is clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- I stored mine in Ziploc bags on the counter for about 4 days. Can freeze if needed.
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more great breakfast ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE