Hi there! Did you all have a wonderful Christmas? I sure hope it was joyful!
I shared this recipe a couple weeks ago over at Reasons to Skip the Housework but I wanted to be sure you all saw it here as well. As you all know I love coffee like so many people out there. I try to find ways to add the flavor of coffee to my recipes as much as possible. It adds such a rich, bold flavor to everything from desserts to meats. Where we live in Idaho it’s a little inconvenient to find things like Kahlua. So when I needed some Kahlua for a recipe I decided to make my own. Now I will always be able to have some on hand for any recipe I’m working on.
This tastes really great even before adding the alcohol. So if you are looking for the flavor in your recipe but don’t plan on cooking out the alcohol & want it “virgin” style- you can omit the vodka at the end.
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup instant coffee crystals
- 2-1/4 cups good quality Vodka we use Stoli or Grey Goose
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Mix water, coffee, instant coffee & sugar in stock pot.
- Heat & stir over medium - high heat until coffee & sugar is dissolved.
- It will resemble a thick syrup.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in Vodka & vanilla. (if omitting vodka- just add vanilla at this point)
- Pour into glass bottles, jars or storage containers.
- Store at room temperature in pantry.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
That’s it! Super simple & it makes a great gift too.
Want More homemade liquors?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE