You have probably noticed that I have been making a whole lot of Christmas themed breakfast recipes lately. I think I may be trying to over-compensate for the lack of holiday in the house this year. We really scaled back & if you never walked to the pub room in the front of the house – you would never know it was Christmas time here. It’s just how it goes this year. But I’m not really hearing any complaining from the kids. They are sure enjoying all the changes in the breakfast routine – especially when I gave them these Gingerbread Eggnog Muffins. Yep – you read that right. They were every bit as good as they sound.
You know – part of the goodness is that these are not just a muffin. It’s the streusel & then the eggnog glaze- YUM!! Seriously.
I should have made a double batch – these went way too quick.
Gingerbread Eggnog Muffins
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter -melted & cooled
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp butter- melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1-2 tbsp eggnog
- pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line muffin tins (should make 12-15 muffins)
- In mixer bowl, combine flour, sugar, ginger, baking powder, salt, cinnamon & cloves - mix
- In small bowl combine cooled melted butter, eggnog, molasses. Add to dry mixture & then add egg - beat until just combined
- Pour into liners filling about 3/4 full
- In small bowl melt butter
- Add flour, sugar & cinnamon & stir with a fork until crumbly
- Sprinkle on top of muffin batter
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick test is clean
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to completely cool
- Whisk ingredients together & then drizzle over each muffin
Store muffins in airtight container in refrigerator due to dairy in the glaze
- Microwave for 10-15 seconds to bring to a room temperature before serving
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more holiday breakfast ideas?
Gingerbread & Eggnog Monkey Bread
Peppermint Chocolate Truffle Pancakes
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
Laurel Beale says
Saw you live in N. Idaho. I grew up near Spokane just across the border from Idaho. Still own the farm there. Now in S. CA.
Sent your reindeer poop recipe to my grand son. It will appeal to a 6 year old’s sense of humor.