Now that we are all moved & somewhat settled – we are back on our normal gym schedule. It feels really good to get back into our regular routine. One new thing I am happy to be doing is making our own snacks. I have discussed before that I am now well over a year of making nothing but homemade breakfasts for the kids. Well we have branched into beyond breakfast & I am experimenting with protein bars to have as a snack before heading to the gym. One of our favorites lately – these Chocolate Date Bars. You would never guess that they are dairy free, packed full of protein & good for you because they are just so tasty. I feel like I’m having a treat. Let me show you just how easy they are to make.
These whip up in just a few minutes – no baking.
Just process, press into the pan & freeze for about 15 minutes. Simple!
The kids love these – I ended up having to make a second batch right away because these were gone in minutes.
Even with a busy as life gets – you don’t have to compromise maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Recipes like these make it easy.
I love that they are dairy free – everyone in the house can enjoy.
There are so many varieties of Silk Almond Milk now too.
Chocolate Date Bars
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup protein powder - I used chocolate
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Silk Almond Milk Protein+Fiber
- 1/2 cup puffed rice cereal
- Place dates in food processor & process until all dates in in small pieces
- Add nuts - process until all is finely ground
- Add protein powder, cocoa powder, vanilla & Silk Almond Milk- process until it's sticky & well combined.
- Transfer to parchment lined 9x9 dish & press flat until evenly dispersed throughout pan.
- Freeze approx 15 minutes to firm up before cutting.
- Store refrigerated.
To find out more about Silk & grab a coupon- visit Silk on Facebook.
Connect with Silk on Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram too!
You can learn about the benefits of almond milk on Silk.com
Want more Silk Almond Milk recipes?
Oatmeal Cookie Overnight Oats
Chocolate Marshmallow Ice Cream
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.