Chicken Cordon Bleu Creamy Mac & Cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts - seasoned & grilled on BBQ & cut into bite sized chunks or pieces or rotisserie chicken
- 1 pack Honey Baked Ham slices- diced
- 16 oz bag of elbow macaroni
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp salt though I usually just sprinkle in the seasonings to taste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 cups low fat milk
- 2-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
Cook your chicken- cut & set aside.
Dice your ham- set aside.
Prepare pasta noodles to package directions- cooking al dente so they hold up in the mixing process. Drain & set aside in large covered pot.
Prepare your roux by melting your butter in a medium saucepan over med/high heat. Once it's almost melted quickly whisk in your flour & seasonings.
Keep it moving & wait for it to darken slightly & come to a thick creamy texture.
Whisk in your milk & increase your heat to high to get mixture to thicken- keep whisking.
Stir in your cheeses & heat until all cheese is melted & combined - at least 2-3 minutes.
Pour into your pot of noodles- add chicken & ham- stir well to combine & coat everything with cheese.
If you make any of these recipes- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE