Beautiful Candied Lemon Slices are perfect for topping on pastries, cupcakes, cocktails & more spring treats! Easy recipe & a great way to use those lemons. Plus you can use all the leftover lemon simple syrup to add to all your favorite cocktails later. Don’t miss how I use it as the key ingredient in my most popular recipe here on Kleinworth & Co.
Candied Lemon Slices
Happy spring!!! I am so happy for the warmer temps & all the rain we have had recently. I have always been fond of the rain & all those years living in the desert definitely helped me love & appreciate it even more. It’s finally warm enough to push my dwarf lemon tree back outside. It’s been in our dining room since fall. While I have loved having it’s beauty indoors while everything else lost it’s foliage- it’s time for it to enjoy the backyard again. It produced an abundance of lemons for us, which we loved. One thing I decided to make with our bounty, aside from garnishing lots of drinks, is candied lemon slices. They are so easy to make & look so pretty added to cupcakes or other spring brunch recipes. These certainly don’t last long in this house. So it’s a good thing we have about 20 more lemons that are just about ripe now. The possibilities are endless.
These are definitely the perfect topping for all your spring recipes!
I especially love saving the lemon simple syrup afterwards & straining it into a mason jar. It’s a great addition when making beverages like iced tea & gives a great flavor boost in cocktails. I even add some when making quick cook breads & glazes, then use the candied lemons on top for garnish. They come out so pretty & are just perfect for spring brunch, Easter festivities or a Mother’s Day breakfast. I’m telling you- everyone just raves over them.
Our favorite way to use these & the lemon simple syrup- this Blushing Whiskey Sour
Looking for more of our favorite spring recipes?
Candied Lemon Slices
- 1 ripe lemon
- 1 cup granulated sugar + more for sprinkling later
- 3/4 cup water
- Slice lemon into very thin wheels & set aside
- Combine water & sugar in a small saucepan & cook over med heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved & it's simmering
- Place lemon slices in pan & simmer about 15 minutes or until rinds are soft & translucent
- Remove & lay on parchment paper, sprinkle with additional sugar
- Let sit at room temperature until mostly dry before using (they will remain sticky)
- Store in refrigerator for several days