*Disclosure: I have been compensated for this post with product. All opinions are truthful & my own.
All through my childhood there was a certain frozen treat that was a constant – the fudgesicle. It was one of my grandfather’s favorite treats & my grandmother would stock up on them at a place called Price Club (which was one of the first for places like Costco). My grandfather had a sweet tooth & chocolate was his thing. I could say that’s where I got it from- but the fact of the matter is, there are many in my family with a serious chocolate addiction. My grandmother was so good about making sure he always had his favorites. True love I tell you. They knew each other from the time they were about 4-5 years old – sweetest love story. So anyhow, when I look back on my favorite things from my childhood- which seems to be something that happens more in the summer than other times of year- I always remember the fudgesicle being present. So I decided to do my thing- twist it up a bit & make these Black & White Fudge Pops to give an old time favorite a Gina flare.
Just like I remember them- but now fancier!
The whole family – even the hubs- polished these off in no time. I was actually surprised by the hubs- he tends to lean towards things like pie & traditional home favorites. He’s not a huge chocolate guy- but these- he loved these.
Black & White Fudge Pops
- 1/3 cup Milk Candy & Molding Chocolate
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp dutch process cocoa powder
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 cup milk Dipping and Coating chocolate- for dipping
- 1/2 bottle Drizzle and Design White Chocolate to decorate
- Place molding chocolate in saucepan- heat on low until melted. Stirring frequently.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder & milk to melted chocolate - heat over medium - stirring to combine.
- Continue cooking until mixture thickens- about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat - add butter & vanilla - stir to combine.
- Transfer to pop molds, insert sticks - freeze overnight.
- The next day melt dipping chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments until melted & smooth
- Remove pops from mold & quickly dip in melted chocolate & place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Melt white chocolate to package directions & drizzle over pops to decorate
- Place pops back in freezer to set about 15 minutes
- Transfer to airtight container for storage or serve immediately
Chocolate I used…
1 lb Bada Bing Bada Boom Candy & Molding Formula – Milk to mix in
1 lb. Bada Bing Bada Boom Dipping and Coating Milk to coat
1 Bottle Drizzle and Design White Chocolate to decorate
Want More POPS?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE