Air Fryer Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
Looking for an easy side dish recipe? Try these Air Fryer Parmesan Roasted Potatoes! Roasting potatoes in the air fryer is a quick and easy way to make them crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- 2 lb baby potatoes or fingerling potatoes - skins ON
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or more if needed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder for deeper flavor, use 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup parmesan grated
Preheat the air fryer to 375 F according to manufacturer instructions. (Mine was 375F for 5 minutes)
Wash, scrub and dry the potatoes.
Cut them in half, leave the skins on.
In a large bowl season the potatoes with garlic, onion powder and salt, pepper and drizzle with oil.
Spray the air fryer basket lightly with cooking oil before adding the potatoes. (not non-stick spray - see notes in post)
Air fry the seasoned potatoes at 375 F for 15 minutes, turning the potatoes half way through. Within the last 5 minutes pause the air fryer and add the parmesan cheese to each potato. Continue to air fry.
Add more parmesan cheese and fresh herbs (parsley and thyme work the best!) on top before serving.
- Parmesan cheese - will melt but not become crispy on top, which in my opinion is perfect. However, if you want these potatoes to have crispy cheese on top, air fry a couple of minutes longer.
- You can use as little as 1 tablespoon of oil or use a little more. I find the potatoes to be slightly crispier and flavorful when using oil but you can use even less for an air fryer.
- Season the potatoes with salt before air frying but add more salt (preferably sea salt) after frying. More flavor and the potatoes soak up the salty flavor better after frying. But it’s optional.
- Fried food generally doesn’t reheat well. But with an air fryer, you can reheat them once if they get cold (on the same day of making). Reheat in a preheated air fryer at 400 F for 3-5 minutes.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 985mg | Potassium: 657mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbohydrates: 24g