Espresso Martini Recipe
Espresso Martini Recipe made with a mixture of vodka, coffee, hazelnut, and chocolate liqueurs is the perfect cocktail for any celebration.
- 1 ounce espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce Coffee Liqueur - such as Kahlua * if using extract- only use 1/2 tsp
- 1 ounce Hazelnut Liqueur - such as Frangelico * if using extract- only use 1/4 tsp
- 1 ounce Chocolate Liqueur optional - such as Godiva * if using extract- only use 1/4 tsp
- ½ ounce pasteurized egg white optional *see notes*
Fill a cocktail shaker (or glass jar) with ice.
Add the espresso, vodka, Kahlua, Frangelico, Godiva, and egg white, if using.
Shake until chilled and frothy-- about 30 seconds.
Strain out the ice and serve immediately.
*If you don’t have espresso, you can also use a store-bought coffee concentrate or leave it out entirely.
*If you don’t have Coffee Liqueur, you can substitute an additional ounce of espresso.
*If you don’t have Hazelnut Liqueur, Amaretto would also be delicious.
*If you would like a drink that is slightly sweeter, add the Godiva Chocolate Liqueur or Creme de Cacao or ½ ounce of simple syrup.
Using pasteurized egg white is critical in this recipe! Please do not use a standard egg white as they may contain bacteria that can cause foodborne illnesses. If you do not have pasteurized egg whites, or if you have a weakened immune system, leave the egg whites out. Without the egg white, the drink will still be delicious— just not as foamy.